Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Are you a... Spyderco fan? :tongue:

Did you do the knotwork? That's really nice.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish I could say I was that talented Betty. But alas I am not. I do however have enough taste to leave that well wound bit of paracord on that Renegade.

Whatever gave you the impression I like Spyderco? The fact that's less than half of all the Spyders I own?

·
Registered
615 Posts
I can remember when the "banana knives" were illegal. They were widely available in the Philippines, and man those folks were extremely adept with using them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Spyderco makes great knives, but the designs SUCK. The knives are ugly and typically require two hands to open and close. The spyderfly is very badly balanced

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is that an early April fools hk? :confused: With the exception of the Yojimbo I can flick every knife in at photograph open, without even using the Spyderhole in many cases. I can open the Yojimbo one handed sans Spyderhole too but I have to manipulate the lock to do so, so that's technically not a flick.

Ugly is subjective so I'll agree with anyone who says anything is ugly, because if you think it is, then it is.

I wouldn't call the Spyderfly badly balanced, but I wouldn't expect it to hold up to a Bechmade model 42 or a Microtech offering at its price point either. It's more of a dangerous toy. I play with it often but I never carry it. A serious balisong enthusiast can do better I am sure, but at a higher cost.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
I'm a huge fan of Spyderco. I have several and love them all. I could open them with my toes if I had to. -----

·
Registered
11 Posts
Euclidean said:
Is that an early April fools hk? :confused: With the exception of the Yojimbo I can flick every knife in at photograph open, without even using the Spyderhole in many cases. I can open the Yojimbo one handed sans Spyderhole too but I have to manipulate the lock to do so, so that's technically not a flick.

Ugly is subjective so I'll agree with anyone who says anything is ugly, because if you think it is, then it is.

I wouldn't call the Spyderfly badly balanced, but I wouldn't expect it to hold up to a Bechmade model 42 or a Microtech offering at its price point either. It's more of a dangerous toy. I play with it often but I never carry it. A serious balisong enthusiast can do better I am sure, but at a higher cost.
I just never liked the design myself, its my opinion, I apologize if it sounded as if i were putting Spyderco down.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Here are mine :p

Top: Mtech Butterfly
Far Left and Far Right: Smith and Wesson HRT Boot Knives
Left: Master Cutlery Carbon Fiber Butterfly
Right: Master Cutlery Pearl Butterfly
Center (From top-bottom): SOG Flash I TiNi, SOG Trident Folder Tigerstripe, Boker Magnum Kalishnikov, Boker Magnum Kalishnikov Auto Conversion, CRKT M16-LE12 Small Tanto, Masters of Defense Fighter 685

·
Registered
615 Posts
Cut me a little slack now..just got my camera yesterday and it'll take a while to get better pics...anyway, thought I'd share a "gathering of blades" I've accumulated over the years...I prefer Bowies and Throwers, but have a few sabres, center one was my Navy ceremonial, and of course a few folders...my latest is the Benchmade in back, then Gerber, then Case.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Prospector - nice stuff - I am somewhat biased in my appreciation of large fixed blades, as well as folders of course.

·
Premium Member
20,045 Posts
Prospector, you should have laid that big ole bull snake right in the middle of them for the picture.... :cool:

·
Registered
615 Posts
That would've been a cool pic...but I don't think he was real thrilled about being grabbed...had a lump down his midsection I figured was probably a mouse he was digestin!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts