Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a tiny addition to my Buck Folding Hunter. It's old, but I need one of those little clamp-on buttons for one handed opening. Anybody know where I can pick one up? Maybe it uses a tiny hex bolt to secure it to the blade?

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Wow, I hadn't seen those before. I've got a couple lockbacks that could benefit from those. Any idea how secure they are? I imagine some Lock-tite would help but how well do they stay in place? Also, would that affect normal sheath carry? Thinking of using them on a Buck 500 and similar Boker Tree brand.
Thanks, might have to pick up a few of those!
Jack

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Now that is pretty much what I have thought of for ages - because my Buck TNT is not a fast opener and this might well be just the ticket.

The top spine on that knife comes out at a thou or two over 1/8" - so hope that'll fit, not wanting to go up in size if avoidable.

Thx for the link OG.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Wow I can't believe this crowd isn't familiar with this product.

The stud can sometimes affect sheath carry depending on how tight your sheath is.

Loc Tite has never been necessary for me; just cinch up and go.

And yes their picture is HORRIBLE. Don't open a knife like that.

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OG, there seems to be a security issue with the site. I ordered one of their catalogs so I can get it snail mail, but if I can't use a secure server, I HATE to put my financial info out there. There must be another source for these thinghies. I think the Buck Folding Hunter takes the 3/8 size.

·
Registered
99 Posts
That coke nail and the lousy grip just looks pimpish.
Good idea though.
Rob

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
There was a little gizmo years ago called the "Flick-it" or "Flip-it", same general idea but it was more of a lip that clamped into the nail notch. Not sure if those are still made but it might give another option.
Jack

·
Super Moderator
23,564 Posts
Knife Opening

Euclidean: Do you perhaps remember which size the Buck 110 takes? That's the model I have (about 30 years old though...) and these old fingers need all the help they can get. Thank you! :216:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
R&G - can you measure across the spine near hinge? My Buck Mayo TNT is almost exactly an 1/8" and so I got that size - just managed to get it on tho tight fit. Easy to use a swipe or two with a needle file if needed.

·
Super Moderator
23,564 Posts
eKnifes

Euclidean, P95Carry and ExSoldier762:

Thanks for the ideas! I finally did my homework - it looks like the small one will fit my Buck 110. I also went to the eKnifes website, and it appears that as you proceed to "checkout" on this site you will be routed to a website secured by Verisign, if I understand technology correctly (always a struggle!)

Again, thanks for the help!

:216: :216: :216: :216: :216: :216: :216: :216: :216: :216:

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Buck 110 same as Folding Hunter?

Rock and Glock said:
Yea...I'll go measure (just lazy - too much turkey)....They're probably not tight enough a micrometer to be needed.

Thank you all!
Is the Buck 110 the same as the Folding Hunter? I just ordered mine (I called them and told them their web security certificate had lapsed) over the phone and I got the one that fits up to a 3/8 inch. The spine of my blade is pretty thick. Like your's I got my Folding Hunter over thirty years ago, when I was still in high school.

·
Super Moderator
23,564 Posts
Old knives...

ExSoldier762 said:
Is the Buck 110 the same as the Folding Hunter? I just ordered mine (I called them and told them their web security certificate had lapsed) over the phone and I got the one that fits up to a 3/8 inch. The spine of my blade is pretty thick. Like your's I got my Folding Hunter over thirty years ago, when I was still in high school.
Hmmmm...hadn't noticed their certificate had expired. Good catch! Details details...

Don't know about the Folding Hunter. My 110 looks to be right at 1/8" or so - don't have a micrometer. I'll let you know how it fits. I was still in diapers when I got my 110 though... :wink: don't I wish... :wink: :wink: actually in college if I remember, maybe earlier..... :frown:

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Rock and Glock said:
Hmmmm...hadn't noticed their certificate had expired. Good catch! Details details...

Don't know about the Folding Hunter. My 110 looks to be right at 1/8" or so - don't have a micrometer. I'll let you know how it fits. I was still in diapers when I got my 110 though... :wink: don't I wish... :wink: :wink: actually in college if I remember, maybe earlier..... :frown:
According to the Buck Website the Folding Hunter is the model 110.

http://www.buckknives.com/catalog/detail/224/223

1 - 20 of 21 Posts