Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems that everyone is convinced that since Obama was elected and the Democrats have taken majority seats in the house and almost the senate, that 2A rights are going to disappear at breakneck speed.

Gun sales are at an all time high. Ammunition is impossible to obtain. CCW applications are at a snails pace to get processed in many states due to massive volume now. There appears to be many new gun owners and interest in shooting sports.

I hypothesize that this has been the best thing that could have happened for 2A supporters and the 2nd ammendment.

What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
131 Posts
I hope the activity you mention is strong enough a signal to Washington that our rights are not something with which to mess. However, don't put it past them to attempt to infringe upon our rights. If they're no longed drunk with power (a big if), they're at least a little buzzed. Watch them try to sneak something through.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
In 1994 the democrats lost congress due to 3 reasons:
1) assault weapons ban
2) hillarycare
3) raised taxes (with VP Al Gore, as president of the senate, casting the deciding vote)

I hope they learned their lesson but apparently not on #2. It seems they may be waiting on #1 and #3 until after the 2010 elections.

·
Registered
128 Posts
People who think the democrats are going to take away their guns are being drama queens.
Guess I'm a drama queen. There's too much on the plate right now with the countries other problems or it would be happening now. Look at the laws in Chicago - thats what the Dems (President Osama Hussein Obama and his cronies) got in place. Thats what the USA has to look forward too if IT isn't stopped. All of this is naturally my humble opinion. :22a:

·
Registered
144 Posts
People who think the democrats are going to take away their guns are being drama queens.
The trolls are out today. I will continue to cling to my guns and religion. Check out what happened after katrina hit....they can and will take your guns if you allow it to happen.

·
Registered
181 Posts
If our 2A rights start to systematically slip away it would be mainly due to those who sit at idle thinking the system will take care of itself.

·
Banned
2,095 Posts
That's hyperbole. Of course they won't "take away your guns." At least, not right away.

First, they propose legislation to "protect the children" that limits what you can buy and how you can use your firearms. Then they come up with some more silly regulations such as magazine capacity and "assault weapons" restrictions. Then, ammo is controlled, &c.

Eventually, as someone pointed out, they will use a crisis like Katrina to confiscate the guns they have tracked to you, so everyone will be "safe".

Welcome to the new Third Reich.

·
Super Moderator
50,584 Posts
If I've learned ANYTHING in 62 years, it's..."Never say never!"

If you want to see how someone will behave in the future, look at past behavior.:yup:

A quick look around Chicago certainly opens eyes about past behavior of our present administration.:gah:

You can draw your own conclusions.:rolleyes:

Stay armed...stay in yellow and vote...stay safe!

·
Registered
983 Posts
We are?

Feinstein: ‘I’ll pick the time and the place, no question about that’

Veteran anti-gun Senator Dianne Feinstein, the California Democrat who sponsored the ban on so-called "assault weapons" during the Clinton Administration -- costing her party control of Congress for a dozen years -- left no doubt in the minds of American gun owners that she fully intends to revive that ban. She's just biding her time.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Just a thought to on our 2nd Amendment rights and healthcare. If this healthcare package was to pass, how long would it be before gun ownership, like obesity, becomes an unhealthy lifestyle choice in need of being eliminated. For the public good, and lowered health costs of coutse?

·
Registered
306 Posts
It might be true in one sense... but it still doesn't mean they won't come and take your guns.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Guess I'm a drama queen. There's too much on the plate right now with the countries other problems or it would be happening now.
With a Democratically controlled Senate, the Ensign Amendment passed, only to see Dems in the House hilariously scuttle D.C. representation over the issue. Then a Democratically controlled Congress attached a pro-gun amendment to the credit reform act which was then (grudgingly) signed by a Democrat president (which I'd also remind you reversed a policy put in place during the Reagan administration). Then we saw a truly radical (Thune amenmdment) pro gun measure gain 58 votes in a senate with 60 Democrats.

No major gun control is going through any time soon.

Yor better becareful, I remember people saying the same thing about them taking God out of our schools!!!
That's interesting, because no one has ever taken God out of our schools.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts