Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We arrived at Walmart at 7am. Ammo clerk didn't even bother stocking ammo. There were cases of .223, .45, .380, 9mm, and .22lr. Long line of people already waiting for the "7am stocking" of ammo. 3 boxes per customer limit.

.223 sold out first.

9mm sold out next.

by the time we got there, everything was gone but 2 boxes of .22lr and one box of .380 FMJ, and 2 boxes of .45.

I don't have any .45s, so I got the last of the .22 and .380. Wife and daughter went home empty-handed. I guess she should have bought the remaining .45 for barter. :image035: The ammo clerk actually stocked the .45 in the ammo case...it's probably gone by now.

Pricing was way below online prices. $9 for the .22 , box of 225. .380 was $30 for 100 rounds.

·
Registered
938 Posts
I got two 100 round boxes of WWB 45 Auto over the past three days for $40 each. Walmart and Dunhams have turned into my go to places for realistically priced ammo.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got two 100 round boxes of WWB 45 Auto over the past three days for $40 each. Walmart and Dunhams have turned into my go to places for realistically priced ammo.
I used to buy online in 1000 round lots. Now Wally world has all the online sources beat. I still check online, but won't buy online again until they all stop gouging.

·
Premium Member
6,892 Posts
Too bad people are still hoarding the stuff. Pretty sad when you have a line at 7AM. Glad you got something you could use. 9 bucks not horrible for the 22lr.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Who says they are hoarding? The way it comes in, they may just be restocking! I am tired of hearing peeps hoard! I go in and get 3 100 round boxes because my wife and I can shoot it in one weekend! Then I am accused of hoarding! I am buying because I did not hoard and surely wish I had!

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We went to the range yesterday and expended well over 500 rounds. We emptied several 50 round boxes of 9mm and .380...plus quite a few 10 round mags of .22.

Didn't nearly replenish our stash today.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have NO doubt that had there been no limits of amount purchased, at least one person in line would have taken all the 9 or 223. Hoarding IS still out there. The stores maybe getting their "normal" shipments from suppliers but with lines of people waiting at 7am (for what ever reason), that "normal" order sells out quickly. It's not the 3 box guy creating the problem, but the guy that will buy 30 boxes or clean out the store, pretty much saying "I got mine"!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Wal-Mart established a 3 box limit to prevent a hoarder from cleaning them out, so I figure if I take my 3 boxes, I'm not hoarding. There was someone on our local radio flea market offering 1000 rounds of .40 for $600. I'm pretty sure I know exactly what they're doing. They're buying from Wal-Mart and trying to double their money. I hope no one takes them up on it, and they're stuck with it. The same goes for all these people hoarding AR15 rifles and paying $2K for a $995 rifle. There isn't going to be any rifle ban or hi cap magazine ban. I hope they're all stuck with their merch. Never follow the herd, you'll get fleeced every time. That goes for guns and ammo as well as the stock market and other investments.

·
Banned
2,030 Posts
Did my walmart walk today and came back with a six pack of Spotted Cow, sesame oil and some chicken. I went for ammo but the shelves were empty. Couldn't leave empty handed. If I can't shoot, at least I'll have something to eat and drink.

·
Banned
2,030 Posts
Just wanted to let you know the owner of New Glarus Brewing Company is a FAR left Lib! They are against many of the things you probably stand for. Drink what you want, I just thought I'd share.
Let's see, give up my guns or give up Spotted Cow? That's a tough one...I'll just keep both.

·
Banned
1,228 Posts
Moral of Walmart post; get there at 5:30!!! Seriously!!!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Same stuff in 40 is going for $52 in california

·
Registered
15 Posts
Who says they are hoarding? The way it comes in, they may just be restocking! I am tired of hearing peeps hoard! I go in and get 3 100 round boxes because my wife and I can shoot it in one weekend! Then I am accused of hoarding! I am buying because I did not hoard and surely wish I had!
There are many buyers that don't even own a gun. I was in Wally world the other day and a guy said he would take everything they had, didn't care about caliber. These people are selling at inflated prices, taking advantage of the shortage. So in a sense they are even worse than the hoarders!!!

·
Registered
706 Posts
I went to two Walmarts and two sporting good stores today to find ammo. I only want a small reserve to ensure I have some when I go shooting. If I could be sure I would be able to find ammo when I wanted I wouldn't be inclined to keep a reserve. But I'm not so desperate as to pay really outrageous prices. I had one gun store owner tell me as of the 1st of the month everything went up 15%. Funny since prices where I normally buy are the same as before. I think he was telling a BS story. Or maybe just talking about his prices. Not because the manufacturers raised prices or the govt is taxing it more. Needless to say I won't go back to him.

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
I went into Dunhams sporting goods just to check what they had. They were selling 100 rnd bx of 40 for $49.99. Thats the same exact box that wlamrt is selling for $35. The had 250 rnd box of 38 umc for $99.99. I reload 38/357 but am keeping an eye out as my mom just bought a sp101 and cant find ammo for it where she lives. A farm store in my area was selling blazer 38 for $25 a bx of 50. Just a few weeks ago 38 were still very reasonable. I hope they are next on the gougeing list.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Found .40 and .223 at my local walmart today. Picked up my 3 box limit of the .223, grabbed the stuff for my bonfire tonight I went there for and went home a happy camper. The End

1 - 20 of 30 Posts