Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Grabbed a new G17 today. I'm putting a Surefire X200B and XS Sights on it.

then 1000rds and I'm off to Tactical Response for classes!

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
Is that it in the avatar? Pics are a must!:smile:

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
The G17 is a classic. Congrats. :smilez:

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The one in the Avatar is a Glock 22 with the X200B, SL-11 tape switch, then Ameriglo Combat Master rear sights and a tritium front. I'll get pics of the new one as soon as It's finished.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Justin was tempted by Satan - Satan won! :wink:

Well - if I get a Glock sometime it'll be a 17 first - then a 19.

·
Banned
318 Posts
Chris if you want one as a range gun and one as a carry I can recommend the 34 as a range or field cary gun.

Almost the sight radius as a 17L but easier to find a holster to fit it plus the extended mag and slide release.

Though there is nothing wrong with a 17, that was my first Glock. And the particular one I owned one of the most accurate ones in 9mm beisdes my 17L.

I also consider the 19/23 size as one of the best all around models for either CC or open carry.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Ed - well, unlikely I will stop SIG carry anytime soon - so not thinking of carry really - just want one ''because" :wink:

I am still somewhat of a greenhorn re Glocks and have only shot 17 and 19 mainly. I must look up spec's on 34 - it is probably one I know least about. You have piqued my interest!

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I carry my Sig 220ST because, i figure I can beat em to death if I run out of ammo.....

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I have a 26 and it is by far my favorite firearm. The 26 will be my ccw when I get my chl. 900rds and not a single malfunction or complaint. Easy to clean. Very compact and yet shockingly accurate. I plan on getting a 17 for my next gun purchase.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Good Job Justin, welcome to the dark side. Glocks Rock and they never ever stop!

·
Registered
726 Posts
Congrats Justin. Any new gun acquisition is a reason to celebrate. Enjoy it and shoot safe.

·
Super Moderator
13,056 Posts
You done good Justin! I bought a G-17 about a week ago.

But, I'm not switching from my Sigs to Glocks. Guns are kinda like love, there's plenty of love to love many people. That's me - I got plenty of love to love many guns. :image035:

Justin,
How'd you come to pick the X200B instead of the X200A?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The B has a MUCH wider beam. I liked how the B lit up a room wall to wall. The A reaches farther though.

·
Super Moderator
13,056 Posts
Justin said:
The B has a MUCH wider beam. I liked how the B lit up a room wall to wall. The A reaches farther though.
That's what I've been hearing. I'm thinking about getting the B version. That'll mean a good deal for somebody on my A version.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Even though I have wanted a g29 for sometime now. I have never shot a glock.
If I didn't find my colt mustang, I probably would have opted for a g19... in camo brown

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Justin
I hope you enjoy your new purchase as much as I enjoy my Glocks.
Mike

1 - 20 of 26 Posts