Defensive Carry banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I just bought an HK p2000, I went to get a kimber and ended up with this instead. I love the trigger in the HK so tell me. What are your guys thoughts on the HK's. I dont know much about them it was an impulse buy. I guess I should have asked about them before purchase but oh well. let me know your opinion/likes/dislikes about this firearm.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
HK is as reliable as a Glock and perhaps more so. When they build an HK they freeze one from the lot with ammo inside. Take it outside and pull the trigger. It has to fire. They also bury some models in a dirt mound and leave it for a bit. Dig it out, shake it off, and fire it.

There are guys on the HK forums with over 30,000 rounds through an HK without replacing any parts. My P30 had 5,000 through it before I sold it. I wasn't happy with the trigger, but if you like it that's great!

Here's a video about their factory, it has some of their torture testing as well as manufacturing. Unfortunately, it's in German. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2rLAWksyMQ

·
Registered
672 Posts
I love mine. Is yours an LEM? Nite sites? If no on both then get it done. I recently reduced the pull on my lem from the standard 7-8 lbs to about 5.5 lbs. I have some issues with the depth of the tang on the gun, but I am in the process of figuring that one out. I haven't shot it much, but when I did I was impressed with the accuracy of the weapon. Overall I am happy.HKPRO lots of good information over there.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
You just bought one of the finest pistols made. Very accurate, very reliable, easy to clean and a soft shooter. Not many weak areas in this great gun.

When you have the time, read Greg Bell's "Break my P2000" thread. It's very interesting, revealing and at times funny. It's a very long thread. This forum posting probably sold a lot of HKs.
http://www.hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51749

An excerpt;

"I dropped the gun while doing some left handed drills, so I took a break to take some pictures....

I wiped it off with some Diet Coke from my Subway cup!!

At the end of the day, my P2000 was wondering why it couldn't have ended up in a nice Dr's collection.

Here is what the barrel looks like with most of the crud wiped off with napkins and diet coke...

4660 rounds
ZERO malfunctions
Dropped four times
One deep gouge in the grip from slamming my glove compartment door on it!"

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have not fired the gun yet, but when i was at the local shop today I was told to pull the trigger and the trigger on the HK is very very very soft. there is barely any tension to make it go bang and you can stadge the fire as well, you can easily pull the pistol trigger back then press with a little more tention and it goes bang. thats what sold me on the gun and no it does not have night sights

·
Registered
295 Posts
I really like my P2000 (9mm) v3. I wish the DA trigger was shorter but the follow up shots are pretty quick.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Straight to the Big Dawg league.

Very nice Bro.
There is really no down side to an HK pistol.
I've had all kinds of guns over the years. I've norrowed it down to the few that I have listed below. I'm sure I'll buy more in the furture but these will not be going anywhere. I'm totally santisfied with my HK's. They are all v1. that's the way I like it.

And oh yeh!!! You will buy another HK. It becomes an addiction...:aargh4:

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
I think I would like my next handgun to be an HK. Very nice choice

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've got three right now although I'm trying to sell one. I have a P2000SK in 9mm which was my first HK. I liked it a lot, so I also got a P30L. I then decided to go to a larger caliber for carry, so I got a P2000SK in .40. All three shoot great and will gobble down any cheap Walmart ammo you throw at them.

The SKs are incredible for how short the barrels are. Nice and small also.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
how much you selling your other HK for? It was really an impulse buy but now I am very happy i ended up getting one with all the great responses.

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
I think you made a great choice. I love my P2000 .40. As soon as funds allow, I will be picking up another for my wife. I am fighting real hard now to keep her from taking mine from me before I get hers.

·
Registered
390 Posts
IF you have any malf, they will be magazine related. Some of the factory mags are really crappy. Make sure that you thoroughly test yours.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
The only problem I've had with ANY HK was the springs not being stiff enough in the magazines for reliable feed. Replacing the springs for $15 was easy and fixed it right up. Other than that, BANG!

I'm still a Glock man, but HKs hold a very special place in my mind.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I owned an HK USP in 9mm for a few years, never did like it as much as I thought I would when I purchased it, so sold it to fund another gun.

I've shot the P2000sk in .357sig and liked it, have thought about maybe buying one at some point but still undecided.

I own a P7 that I really like, and am seriously considering buying another
(though there are a couple of purchases I'd make first)

I'd like to check out the P30 as well, but I doubt I'll ever see one for rent at the range(s).....LOL

1 - 17 of 17 Posts