Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've closed the deal on another Colt Government Model Double Action.

These pistols are as rare as hen's teeth, and I got a great deal on it! Should be taking delivery by the weekend! :danceban:

·
Premium Member
6,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a fresh can of coffee that I will save to view your pics this weekend. :wink:
That went right over my head. :thinking:

·
Super Moderator
21,909 Posts

These pistols are as rare as hen's teeth, and I got a great deal on it! Should be taking delivery by the weekend! :danceban:
Congrats Jim! :congrats:

I assume you're talking about the O1991DA? I really wish I would have picked one up back in 2011 when they were introduced. They were a neat pistol, sadly 30 years too late for the market.

·
Premium Member
3,871 Posts

Didn't you post you ALREADY HAVE TWO! You sir, are making me mad! :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
6,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Reactions: Pete63

·
Premium Member
6,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Didn't you post you ALREADY HAVE TWO! You sir, are making me mad! :rolleyes:
Yes, I did post that!

I just find it a very interesting pistol, and AFAIK, they only made ~300 of them. So, figured it has some good collector potential, particularly being unfired, NIB! :yup: I'm probably too old to benefit much from the future collectible value, though!

·
Premium Member
6,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Congrats Jim! :congrats:

I assume you're talking about the O1991DA? I really wish I would have picked one up back in 2011 when they were introduced. They were a neat pistol, sadly 30 years too late for the market.
Yep! That's the one.

I agree, if they'd come out with it in the 80's, it might have caught on. 2011 was just too late!

Reactions: Gabill and OD*

·
Premium Member
6,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tracking info shows, "Out for Delivery", so assuming someone's around to take delivery at my FFL today, I should have it this evening! :danceban:

·
Premium Member
5,741 Posts

Pics or it didn’t happen! Lord I might just be jealous. Anytime someone gets a Colt, I tend to feel that way. It’s called Colt1911givemesomeitis.

·
Premium Member
6,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
...waiting on gun pics...
Pics or it didn’t happen! Lord I might just be jealous. Anytime someone gets a Colt, I tend to feel that way. It’s called Colt1911givemesomeitis.
OK, Fellows...

Not much time to take pics, but here's the new one:

20190524.jpg

Hope to be able to take some more over the weekend! :yup:
@scottync, don't get TOO bad a case of "Colt1911givemesomeitis"! In most 1911 folks' opinion, this doesn't really qualify as a 1911 (and I agree). Just a really unique and interesting oddball from Colt!

·
Super Moderator
18,241 Posts
Oh man!

That right there's an addition to any fine collection of firearms. You "done good" Jim.

It's ok to own and shoot Colt .45 automatics that aren't 1911-guns. You got these DA Gov't Models and I have a Model 1905. All Colts!

·
Premium Member
4,237 Posts
Good that you have a shooter now, to save the two NIB safe queens.

·
Premium Member
6,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Reactions: seeker_two and OD*
1 - 20 of 28 Posts