Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey yall just got a 357 snubbie and cant wait to start carrying it! I usually carry a Beretta nano, but I love revolvers and just got a 357 snubbie and love it ! it feels great in my hand and is a.great shooter! cant wait to carry it!

·
Super Moderator
18,496 Posts
What brand and model and where are the photos?

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Awesome!?? what cha get?

·
Registered
5,386 Posts
Congrats! :wave:

·
Banned
5,140 Posts
What a tease. No mention of brand or model.

Either he has just bought a real jem and wants to hold back.

Or he bought a real turd and is embarrased to say.

You're killin us

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok here are the pictures.. its a Taurus 650 .357 mag CIA snubbie. im qgonna get the barrel extention taken off. I got it at a great price, and its become my favorite gun. 20130512_130225.jpg 20130512_130424.jpg

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
so getting that barrel extention off, is it something that I should have my gunsmith do? or can I do it myself? if I were to do it myself what would be the best way to do it?

·
Banned
2,268 Posts
I have been acquainted with .357 snubbies for a long time. I usually carry Remington Golden Saber .38 +P or .357 magnums in them. They are mild recoiling and penetrate more than 12 inches in ballistic gel covered in denim. Milder than the Speer short barrele .38 +P and penetrate deeper in the test I saw. The .357 mags were the only ones I could shoot out of my 11 oz. Airlite without taking off skin from my hand. Plus they are readily available and less expensive than most. Search YouTube for ballistic tests in gel, not watermelons, to see what I mean. Enjoy and welcome to the club. No magazines, ammo, or many other things to worry about with a revolver. Just point and shoot. I just read a story where a guy had a knife to his throat and sacrificed his left hand to gain some distance so he could pull his .357 mag and fire three shots. Two into the chest and one in the head. The attacker turned, took a step or two and then fell dead to the ground with his knife still in his hands with the victims blood on it. Easily found to be a justifiable shooting.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yeah thats how it came from the factory, I called them and they said thats how it was made. it looks a little dumb with that on there not really sure why the made it that way.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts