Votes: 16 29.6%
  • Switch to the G23.

Votes: 38 70.4%
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I managed to get a G23 for very cheap off a guy desperate for cash to fix his truck ($400 with 5 mags). I have a G19 which is my EDC however I have thought about carrying the G23. However, I'm not sure if I should switch to the .40sw over the 9mm I've had for a while now.

Decisions, decisions, decisions.

What to do? I am aware of the various differences in caliber here. Bigger vs faster vs capacity vs...you know the drill. Neither gun is hard for me to handle, the .40sw isn't any less accurate for me vs 9mm vs 45acp. I just dunno if I should start buying up defense ammo for the G23.

·
Registered
791 Posts
If you are happy with the 19 stick with it. Personally I like the 23 but it's whatever you are most comfortable with.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Switch to the 23...Until you feel like carrying the 19 again... Holsters are the same, etc... it gives you an extra carry option...

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
I don't think you'd go wrong with either, but I'm one of those larger caliber guys so I would go with the 23 personally.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Neither gun is hard for me to handle,
That is how you should decide on what to caliber to carry.
Carry as big as you can handle/shoot well.
I carry a 9mm because its what I handle the best, if you can
handle the .40 you should start carrying it ASAP.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
The G19 holds more ammo and has less recoil. I started with a G27/G23 set but switched to the G26/G19 because ammo was cheaper and the recoil was significantly less.

·
Banned
1,972 Posts
I would carry each and see which one carries better for you

·
Banned
13,685 Posts

ON YOUR NEW TO YOU

Switch to the G23
That's what I voted because that's what I've done in the past couple of months. I was carrying the G19.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
You need a "carry both" option in your poll!! I love my G23 but have a rotation of guns and I soon want add a G19 to the rotation. Ge the Glock +2 floorplates and you will have 16 rounds of 40 cal, that my friend is some serious fire power!!

NCH

·
Registered
862 Posts
They're both the same frame so just shoot them and then let that be your deciding factor! Good luck! Either one is a Glock so you can't go wrong.... :)

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've fired both and both are pretty much the same to me accuracy wise.
Recoil is a non-issue for double taps. Anyway the reason I even bought the G23 is .40sw ammo is super easy for me to find everywhere in quantity. 9mm is somewhat tough and .45acp impossible (almost). So should I start buying up defense ammo for my G23 and rotate it in for carry, probably EDC.

I'll obviously have to fire some defense ammo through it (it's never been fed a jhp ever).

·
Registered
80 Posts
I love my G23. It was my first and probably favorite

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
K, you all convinced me. I'm ordering a bunch of defense ammo to run through it and will see what works best in it for me.

·
Banned
13,685 Posts
What I've found is that I am more accurate with my G23 than with my G19. You may be surprised. Happy shooting, be safe, and......Glock on!

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I vote for the G19. I have shot the 23, owned a 19 and personally, the 23 did nothing for me. I loved my 19.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
.40 equals bigger hole. Carry the 23.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
My vote is for anything that will digest ammo that starts with a 4

My EDC is a G 27. I also alternate bewteen a G 22 RTF and XD .45 Compact as well as show all of them a lot of "range time".

·
Super Moderator
50,585 Posts
Actually, anything Glock will work for ya'...:yup:

·
Premium Member
10,047 Posts
Many an expert recommend you carry the largest caliber you can shoot accurately and are comfortable and confident with.

I would go with the G-23 since dimensionally it's the same size as the G-19. Yes a few less rounds but if you are comfortable carrying a G-19 then the G-23 shouldn't be any different as far as carrying goes.

Now if you can't get competent with the .40 cal then stick with the 9mm.

I frequently switch between .40 and 9mm and often carry both at the same time.

However recently I'm thinking of moving back to the .45 acp and getting a Sig.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Many an expert recommend you carry the largest caliber you can shoot accurately and are comfortable and confident with.

I would go with the G-23 since dimensionally it's the same size as the G-19. Yes a few less rounds but if you are comfortable carrying a G-19 then the G-23 shouldn't be any different as far as carrying goes.

Now if you can't get competent with the .40 cal then stick with the 9mm.

I frequently switch between .40 and 9mm and often carry both at the same time.

However recently I'm thinking of moving back to the .45 acp and getting a Sig.
My .45acp love is from 1911s and those I don't fancy carrying around in a holster let alone giving them up to the law enforcement agency running analysis on it should it ever be used in a defensive situation. I can buy a new Glock tomorrow but my 1911s are hard to come by in retail not to mention more expensive.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts