Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I registered here to post this since Gary is a Mod here. I picked up a like new Max-Con V for a full size 1911 on another forum and I just have to say Gary you sir are a master craftsman. I have had other high-end holsters from Milt-Sparks and a few others makers, while they are nice and built very well they do not stand up to the comfort of the Max-Con V. I can sit my truck and not feel the slide as I do with other holsters. Yes it is a IWB that is comfortable sitting down! I cannot feel the gun when sitting down. I am still in shock. I have almost bought a Max-Con V several times, but for whatever reason I did not. What a MISTAKE I could kick myself :chairshot . It is without a doubt the most comfortable holster I have tried, and when it comes to future holsters I will look no further than the Max-Con V. My only mistake is not buying one sooner.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Good to hear, since Gary tells me he's shipping mine tomorrow (thanks Gary!). :smile: This is Kurt BTW.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Gary - now - control that cranial enlargement :biggrin:

Seriously - we are I think more than fortunate to have some talented holster makers here - Gary, Kevin, Eric Larsen - shucks, I gotta think now how many we have!!!

The holster as an entity is inextricably linked with carry and I am proud to be in the company of such leather-making talent.

Welcome aboard CCW - hope you enjoy. :smile:

·
Administrator
143,599 Posts
That's What Happens When Ya Buy From The Best

You end up being very happy! :smile:
Congratulations on your great holster.

Yes, we have a few very talented holster makers here.

Attn: New To "Concealed Carry" Members ....This Is A Max Con V

·
Super Moderator
13,123 Posts
Pics, we need pics.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I just ordered one so please don't bother him so he can get started on it. I don't want him wasting time posting on here....hehehehe

·
Banned
1,424 Posts
joe/OH said:
Gary,

What's the current turn around time for your Max Con V holsters?
Well, that's sorta complicated. We got really hammered by the Hurricanes in FL last year, and are just now getting caught up on some orders that are older than I'd care to admit. (This situation was further complicated by our little construction adventure.)
However, we are almost caught up now. All of these old orders will be out in about 3-4 more weeks, give or take.

So, to answer your question, we are quoting deliveries of about 6 weeks at present. Some (such as 1911's , Glocks and Springfield XD's) would be a bit sooner. As I am making batches of them to fill existing orders, I can add an additional piece here and there.

I presently have an extra Max-Con V for a 5" 1911, 4.25" 1911, 3" 1911 and Glock 19/23 in stock.

BTW, thanks to all for your interest in my work, and for your kind remarks.

·
Banned
1,424 Posts
P95Carry said:
Gary - now - control that cranial enlargement :biggrin:

Hey Chris,
Actually, if you were to ask my wife, she'd tell you that my condition is actually rectal enlargement! :biggrin:
I'm not exactly sure what she means...

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
I don't think I'll ask Gary :wink:

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Fist of all I would like to thank the original poster of this thread CCW007 for posting on Gary's holster's thus, turning me on to them.

Next I would like to thank Gary for his true professionalism when I called today to order the 3" 1911 holster that he listed above for my Kimber UCDP, I was actually very pleasantly surprised as to how Gary handles himself when talking to a customer in explaining his products and just general good conversation.

I have been looking for a holster for literally months and have been looking at close to 20 different makers in the IWB form. I couldn't find exactly what I wanted, not that I really knew exactly what it was I was looking for but nothing was jumping out at me even from the likes of Alessi or Milt Sparks. I did know however that when I saw what I was looking for I would know it as I did when viewing the Max-Con V IWB. It was exactly what I had been wanting! durable, thin, easy to carry, concealable. I didn't want a bulky, thick, harder to carry holster that I despised to wear everyday as I thought the others would be. So I ordered the Max-Con V IWB from Gary today and as a bonus from newly joining Combat Carry and reading this thread I get to have it in 2-3 days only waiting for priority mail to get it, not the 4-6 weeks a good holster usually takes to make.

I will post a new report on the Max-Con V after a few weeks of wearing it.

Thank you Gary for your time and professionalism today, you have earned yourself a new loyal customer that will be back for all of my holster needs.

Respectfully,
Grant Newsom

P.S. I also picked up a Def-Con single magazine pouch with the Max-Con V to balance things out. I will probably be ordering a belt from Gary too as my belt may or may not do the trick.

·
Banned
1,424 Posts
Ti Carry said:
Thank you Gary for your time and professionalism today, you have earned yourself a new loyal customer that will be back for all of my holster needs.

Respectfully,
Grant Newsom
Ti Carry said:
Hi Grant,
Thank you, sir. I enjoyed our conversation as well. Thank you for the opportunity to earn your business - it is most appreciated.

·
Registered
767 Posts
The only thing I should warn new MCV owners about is that you'll very soon order one for every handgun you own,......then ya buy more pistols just to get more MaxCons.

Yes, its that good!!!

Dan

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
great review, glad my buddy just put in an order for him and myself. Can't hardly wait to get it.

·
Super Moderator
4,964 Posts
Do you make a holster for the Kimber Warior, or other 1911s with the rail on the frame?

Matt

·
Banned
1,424 Posts
MattLarson said:
Do you make a holster for the Kimber Warior, or other 1911s with the rail on the frame?

Matt
Hi Matt,

I have been trying to get 1911 dummy guns w/ rails for some time. As soon as I am able to obtain them, I'll be able to make holsters for rail mounted models.
For the time being, the only rail mounted guns that I offer holsters for are the Glock 17/22, 19/23 and Sig P-226 and P-229.
Please check back with me in a few weeks. Thank you.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Just got my Max-Con V and the single mag pouch in Saturday as Gary said. They look great and I have started the break in process on the mag pouch, The quality is obvious right out of the box and the steching look's to be perfect. The holster is even thiner than even what it seems to be on Gary's website. My Kimber is at my gunsmith's that I will be picking it up next week, but just wearing the holster around emty feels good and they both seem to already have been formed to the curve of the body. I can also see that the stablizing wing that is on the 3" barrel model holsters makes all the differance in the world carrying IWB.

A quality product and great service is hard to come by anymore and Gary has both of them going for him as it is obvious that he cares about both his product and his customers.

Thank's again Gary..............
Grant Newsom

1 - 20 of 38 Posts