Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to my local indoor range and took my first Defensive Handgun class. I have never had so much fun in a class before. The owner of the local indoor range is an excellent instructor and teaches all kinds of classes. He trains with Massad Ayoob and John Farnam and has written a book on low light gun fighting. In my 15 years with a law enforcement agency not once did they teach us to move and shoot - All qualifying was done on a stationary firing line and nothing else.

It was an 8 hour class and I am exhausted and will sleep well tonight. I handled and manipulated my weapon more today than I have since I bought it. I would recommend anyone who really wants to learn to use their weapon to take as much training like this that they can get. Next month I will be taking the more advanced course and now that I have paid for these classes, I can take them as many times as I want for free. I will be taking advantage of that for sure. :danceban:

·
Super Moderator
50,585 Posts
Buying a gun is a step in the right direction...getting the permit is important...learning to survive by taking a SD pistol course is what it's all about.:yup:

Stay armed...get training and practice...stay safe!

·
Premium Member
10,047 Posts
+1 on what retsup99 said :hand10:

·
Registered
76 Posts
I agree, the advanced training classes are a TON of fun, and of course the benefit is you learn some very important techniques that just might save your life!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I have missed being on here, its been awhile.

We have many weapons in our home and shoot all the time but this is a whole other level of shooting. I am hooked and will be buying an airsoft pro pistol to practice with.

SPSTAURUS - The range is in Post Falls and is called Center Target Sports. You can find them on the web. He gives a 5 day tactical pistol that I have heard is unbelievably intense and is done at the range but also has courses set up in empty industrial buildings in the dark. The cost for that is $500.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Redwood66,
Thanks, that's not too far for me and I go to Spokane about two or three times a year. I will have to check it out on my next trip.

·
Registered
123 Posts
training

Read someplace a great quote that said "the more you sweat in training the less you bleed in battle." Good thing to remember. I try to do at least two training sessions of two days or more a year and teach at least one class a month plus shoot on a weekly basis - till got much to learn.

Good job on the training class

1 - 8 of 8 Posts