Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my ROCKS today. Terry Collins and Jerry Tanner at Gander Mtn. in N. LittleRock ,Ar. did the work. Installed Nowlin night sights, Ed Brown tactical safety. They were then shipped to Walter Birdsong for a refinish in GreenT, and Black T. Hoping to get them out to try them out in the next several days. They will be riding around in a double shoulder rig from Sam Andrews, and split up from time to time and carried in holsters from Sam, Garry,and Eric.

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
I like the two tone and the grips. Not sure I would want em all together, but hey if you like it.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Nice set of pistols. I like to carry in a shoulder holster when I can. Please give us a range report. I am curious how the RIA perform.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Did you range test them Before you had the work done?

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have not had a chance to take them out in quite awhile. But they were preforming very nicely before the upgrades. The RIA are some great basic pistols, and they are coming out with new models with bells and whistles soon. We have a factory rep. with us over at http://www.m1911.org/ Never have many problems out of the and they preform better than pistols cost several hundred more. The gun rags are starting to take notice of them. If you are think that you'd like to find out about a 1911 jump at a chance to get one of these. Save some money and they are dead reliable and go bang every time you pull the trigger. They digest every thing you feed them after just several hundred rounds of fmj to get things loosened up a little. But I'm anxious to take them out to see if the sights "need" pushing.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Good looking pistols. Well worth the wait. Let us know how they perform.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thems is purdy pistols.

I need to look into RIA. I've been craving a S&W snubbie and a 1911. Two best handguns I have ever shot whilst renting.

·
Registered
606 Posts
You got some dang fine looking pistols there. If they shoot half as good as they look you'll have some tackdrivers there.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The gun rags are starting to take notice of the Armscor produced pistols , Armscor produces the parts for Charles Daily , Hi Standard, and RIA. There will be new products coming out this coming year. RIA has several pistols to choose from, all based on basic 1911A1 series70, there will be pistols with more bells and whistles coming soon. The other brands offer more options on their pistols. IMHO you will not find a better value for your money. Ivan Walcott, is the company rep. for United States, he is a regular member of http://m1911.org/ he is very helpful, nice guy. Here is his web site http://www.advancedtactical.com/ I'm sure he'd be glad to talk to you and answer any questions you may have. How many other company reps. hang out to talk to the people that buy the products? I'm sold on them, but I like Taurus also, another company that has figured out that if they are going to sell in United States they have to get the quality up .

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Freedz said:
You got some dang fine looking pistols there. If they shoot half as good as they look you'll have some tackdrivers there.
Talk to others that have bought the RIA and see what they tell you. Most embareass pistols that cost hundreds more. Go here and see what everyone is saying about them. A $300.00 pistol that put a $1000.00 smile on your face. I can say how great they are , but go over there and check out others opinions on them.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
snowdoctor said:
Nice set of pistols. I like to carry in a shoulder holster when I can. Please give us a range report. I am curious how the RIA perform.
I got my double shoulder rig in from Sam Andrews. I'll post pictures soon. Go here to check out what others are saying about the ROCKS. http://forum.m1911.org/

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
kansas_shooter said:
Nice rocks !!! I like that color scheme.
They were done by WalterBirdsong. The finish is called Black T, and Green T. They were taken down to bare frames and coating was put inside and out. It's a very smooth finish. The cost was $200.00 per pistol for the refinish. I have $900.00 in each of them total. I know I know , For several hundred more I could have a differant name on the slide. But I'm very happy with these mutts. I've had very expensive dogs and they were very nice. But, some of my best friends were mutts also. I have pistols that cost hundreds more, but I pack one or both of the Spiders most of the time.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Nice, I like wood grips myself, but they're your guns not mine....

Enjoy, hope they run flawlessly...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts