Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
22,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...In Haiti.

I belong to a national task force that does search and rescue, prolonged hostage or other SWAT type missions etc. I'm in the protection element for the medical staff.
I just got word that we are going to Haiti, it will be my third time there. Chances are, we won't go. Or we'll get there and turn around and come back. A lot of times in situations like this, we go, drop off supplies and get out of town just as quick as we came in. Only time will tell. But its a PIA not knowing until the phone rings and somebody tells me the suburban will be at the office in 20 minutes to take us to the airport.

My wife is going to be pissed. LOL I don't get to worked up until I land in Haiti. More often than not, we go and end up sitting in some airport, not doing a darn thing.

Oh well, my go bags are sitting by the front door.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Good luck if you go and stay safe. Thanks for being willing to do that sort of work. People like you are what give Americans a good name in the rest of the world. Even if not everyone likes Americans, those you help now will not forget.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Good luck, Sixto! Hopefully it will be as painless as you hope. Thank you for serving in such a time of need!

Godspeed!

·
Registered
862 Posts
Take care be safe!

·
8,501 Posts
Enjoy the sunshine! Be safe!

·
Registered
22,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I might need luck, there is a debate on what equipment we are allowed to take. We might not even leave the port.

·
Registered
258 Posts
My family's prayers will be with you. Thank you for your service.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Stay safe and enjoy your warm Caribbean vacation...

Don't forget to pack the sunscreen...

You redheads toast fairly easy! :85:

·
Registered
749 Posts
be safe, i remember reading HIV is rampant down there and it live in the body for a few days after death.

·
Premium Member
3,232 Posts
Good luck, stay safe, and return in the same condition you left us.

You'll be in our thoughts.

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
Good luck! I'm a member of a similar group for DoS, but as I'm pretty far down the "call list" right now I seriously doubt I'll get the word. Let us know how it turns out...

1 - 20 of 67 Posts