Defensive Carry banner

81 - 100 of 152 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,199 Posts
The days of peaceful pro-2A rallies are behind us now, I'm thinking.
I agree. Now that the Left has seen how easy and successful it was to turn the narrative, they'll keep it up.

A couple of willing and able agitators from the Left, the the whole demonstration becomes a "violent, right wing" demonstration. The media will see to that and the Democrats will eat it up. They're already getting the public ginned up by reporting on the "armed protests in all 50 states"...practically giddy with anticipation.

What better way to call for more gun laws?

·
Registered
10,190 Posts
What is to stop the govt(FBI) and MSM to just report in the future that all conservative protest events are going to be violent and armed?
Would you put it past them to quell the numbers and keep us from attending to make our grievances known?
I would not put it past them.
They probably will. But we had 22,000+ people armed at the Richmond state capitol last Jan. and there was no violence. Yet we had militia groups there, Antifa, etc. The government wanted us to fail and was putting out messages like you describe. The cops were out in force. There is a way to do it. But it is a lot of work. The VCDL coordinated heavily with LE and did a lot to stress to participants what kind of behavior would be effective and what kind would be disastrous. To be worth it, it has to accomplish worthwhile objectives, not just get people's attention. Unfortunately, achieving the objectives was a weakness of that event, but the event itself went incredibly smoothly.

That kind of thing may be more difficult now, but not impossible. We certainly need to do it and do more of it. But recent events demand that we be smart about it and not just go charging into the abyss.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
If anyone must go to any of these functions, go armed only with a camera. Don't go to the protest sites. Go into the periphery and photograph and video all of the people going in. If you see a suspicious busload of people who obviously don't belong, photo and record them all. Get license numbers of buses and vehicles containing them, and.......

Especially if you see trailers of any kind where riot gear is being unloaded. Again, get the license numbers and most importantly the license numbers of the vehicles towing them and photograph the drivers of these vehicles. When this photographic and video information is obtained, get it all up to our social media sites such as Rumble.com, and of course forward this to local law enforcement. What these loons fear the most is being outed, and THAT IMHO is our greatest weapon - The smartphone camera. Not getting them as they destroy, that is too late. We need to record these thugs as they arrive so we can get the identities of the people transporting them. These people are then exposed, can be questioned by law enforcement and their leadership, ie the people who hired them can be discovered and then we can start putting these a-holes in jail where they can take advanced courses in pillow biting......

Just my .02c but this is a battle not won with a gun, but with a camera and publicity......

·
Premium Member
35,148 Posts
If anyone must go to any of these functions, go armed only with a camera. Don't go to the protest sites. Go into the periphery and photograph and video all of the people going in. If you see a suspicious busload of people who obviously don't belong, photo and record them all. Get license numbers of buses and vehicles containing them, and.......

Especially if you see trailers of any kind where riot gear is being unloaded. Again, get the license numbers and most importantly the license numbers of the vehicles towing them and photograph the drivers of these vehicles. When this photographic and video information is obtained, get it all up to our social media sites such as Rumble.com, and of course forward this to local law enforcement. What these loons fear the most is being outed, and THAT IMHO is our greatest weapon - The smartphone camera. Not getting them as they destroy, that is too late. We need to record these thugs as they arrive so we can get the identities of the people transporting them. These people are then exposed, can be questioned by law enforcement and their leadership, ie the people who hired them can be discovered and then we can start putting these a-holes in jail where they can take advanced courses in pillow biting......

Just my .02c but this is a battle not won with a gun, but with a camera and publicity......
Great stuff, but understand that these are violent people who don't want to be photographed. Be very careful...

·
Premium Member
6,870 Posts
Great stuff, but understand that these are violent people who don't want to be photographed. Be very careful...
Especially if you are leaving your gun at home.
Funny before all this crap we would say that most of us would never go to any business or venue that would not allow us to carry.
Now we are advocating that we leave our guns at home. They got us all knotted up don't they.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Showing up for riots isn't a sign of toughness, IMO.
I’m not telling anyone to show up for a riot. Or are we letting the media tell us what is and isn’t a riot?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
There are some very bad players out there still not sure if on the left or the right.
The only thing I know is that it is being blamed on all conservatives.
Only the ones causing the violence should be arrested. Isn't that the narrative we heard all summer long?
The enemy of my enemy is my friend? The fringes, both sides, are at war with sanity, order and peace. The Anarchists and KKK types all seem to want the same thing. And no sane person wants them to succeed. The bad actors on the right AND the left may well, intentionally or not, coordinate to the same end.
It seems the Democrats feel they have won the 2nd Amendment debate and will now focus on the 1st. I've always said the 2nd Amendment was the "canary in the coal mine" of our freedoms.

·
Registered
241 Posts
This can get ugly do not take the bait, the only winner in a potential civil war will be either the democrat leaders or republican leaders and the poor and middle will die for one or the other to be a totaltarian government while the surevivers suffer

·
Registered
456 Posts
Taking photos and video and posting online or sharing with law enforcement. Hmm, the same online that has been shutting down dissent and the same law enforcement that has been giving, for whatever reason, more or less a free pass to those on a particular side?
That should work splendidly.
And as far as living under a totalitarian government goes, the late Gen. John Stark put it best, "Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Take pictures and send them to every place you can think of. If the info is widely disseminated it is way harder to dismiss. Also, if I’m doing this, I will be well protected.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
The most effective means of stopping this push for totalitarianism is to watch to see where the support and direction is coming from. Texas Rangers used to hang out at the periphery of any commotion and spot the one person causing the agitation, then go in and neutralize that person. If you cut off the head, the snake dies. That is who you should be going after. Only the high value targets count in this kind of fight.

·
Premium Member
7,199 Posts
I’m not telling anyone to show up for a riot. Or are we letting the media tell us what is and isn’t a riot?

Easy one...if it's a Democrat/ Liberal cause, it's a "peaceful demonstration"
If it's a Republican/ Conservative cause, it's a "riot". If no violence occurs, it's called "far right demonstration".

The media will do it whether we let them or not. If a person tries to get the truth out, Big Tech can cancel them.

These are complicated times...hard to know what to do.

·
Premium Member
35,148 Posts
Especially if you are leaving your gun at home.
Funny before all this crap we would say that most of us would never go to any business or venue that would not allow us to carry.
Now we are advocating that we leave our guns at home. They got us all knotted up don't they.
I'm advocating that people stay home.

·
Premium Member
35,148 Posts
Do you believe that these demonstrations being advocated will become anything less than riots if useful idiots do indeed show up armed?

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
I'm advocating that people stay home.
It seems like a no-win situation. If we show how serious we are about protecting our rights, we lose because we get demonized with whatever spin the MSM and liberals decide to use. If we don't go protest and stay home, we lose since it sends the message "we don't really care about our rights" and that the liberal agenda is the right way to go. People could go to the event but make sure you keep your gun holstered and concealed (if legally allowed to do so). But the AR's and AK's should be left at home. We could all take the safe course and contact our reps but the optics of thousands protesting could be a more powerful show of what we want. A lot will depend on how the media presents the protest, also. We have to do what we think is right no matter what, but without any violence. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
10,190 Posts
Our Gov. "Blackface" Northam has declared a state of emergency due to possible armed insurrection. The SOE goes through Feb. 6, but can be extended. This mobilizes the National Guard, sets up an emergency response command post and gives the Gov. extraordinary powers, like declaring and enforcing curfews, which he has already done in Arlington and Alexandria. I expect he will do Richmond also.

So it begins...

81 - 100 of 152 Posts