Defensive Carry banner

121 - 140 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
The liberals have been telling us that walls don't work for years. How come they are now putting up walls around capitol buildings?
Oh, that’s different.:LOL:

·
Premium Member
4,811 Posts
The liberals have been telling us that walls don't work for years. How come they are now putting up walls around capitol buildings?
Can't we just lock the gates and throw away the key?

·
Registered
951 Posts
I've head the same from multiple sources, but thought much the same the afternoon of the 6th.

Sun Tzu: "We cannot enter into alliance with neighboring princes until we are acquainted with their designs."

Never trust anyone just because they claim to be a Trumper or are wearing the ball cap or the t-shirt. The enemy has read Sun Tzu, as well, and they've really stepped up their entrapment in recent years.

·
Premium Member
7,886 Posts
I think staying away from protests is a good idea in general. What does it gain besides press coverage, and who in the press would give it anything but negative coverage?
I do not see Jim Acosta or Fredo on CNN with the lead "Second Amendment patriots around American peacefully protested in all state capitols today, bringing attention to their valid concerns of an overreaching Democratic controlled Federal Government."

Nope. Just ain't gonna happen.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Mn idiot gov walz was on news whining that he had to leave his residence with his teen son over threats. they are always hyping themselves as poor victims in the media. gee, shut down and entire state with draconian unscientific backed policy and you are going to get backlash.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Mn idiot gov walz was on news whining that he had to leave his residence with his teen son over threats. they are always hyping themselves as poor victims in the media. gee, shut down and entire state with draconian unscientific backed policy and you are going to get backlash.
funny as hell act like an idiot and dont expect people to be piss-offed who lost EVERYTHING they worked their whole lives for

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
I might rather be a one-man protest/advocate, standing alone, carrying a sign that I love the original Constitution, and all Ten Amendments in the Bill of Rights. The Second Amendment is not very durable, alone. (I will add the caution that some localities limit the dimensions and shapes of the post(s) used to support signs, as a sign post can be used as a bludgeon, or, if pointed, as a spear.)

The First Amendment is important, as it allows me to express myself by holding the sign, in the first place, in a peaceable manner.

The Third Amendment keeps Redcoats, or other soldiers, from being quartered in my home. I might feel uncomfortable, painting my sign, at home, if Redcoats were present. ;) I doubt I would the Redcoats to know about my guns, or any other valuables, either.

The Fourth Amendment protects me from being searched or seized, or my sign seized, if I am following all of the laws and rules while transporting or holding the sign.

The Fifth Amendment is not just about protection from self-incrimination, but has much to do with due process of law. My sign cannot be taken from me, without just compensation. I cannot be imprisoned, without due process of law, which means that I cannot be legitimately arrested for a fictitious reason, just to get me “off the street.”

The Sixth Amendment offers me specified protections if I am arrested, and then tried, in spite of all of my precautions to remain lawful, while carrying my sign. IOW, the Sixth is mostly regarding trials, themselves.

The Seventh applies to federal civil cases, which is a weak area, for me, so I am not sure how this would apply to a peaceful protest.

The Eighth Amendment is supposed to offer protection from excessively high bail, and from cruel and unusual punishment, if i were to be arrested, in spite of my precautions to avoid breaking the law, while carrying my sign.

The Ninth Amendment specifies that I may have other rights that are not specifically granted by the Constitution.

The Tenth Amendment has something in there, IIRC, that means I can exercise my Constitutional rights in other states, not just within my home state. This one has largely been ignored, in some ways, but, well, the words are there.

So, at least nine of the first Ten have some application, to me, as a firearms owner, or as a free-speaker.

In 33+ years of law enforcement, I believed that the entire Constitutional was important. I did not equally love all portions, as parts of it made my job harder, but understood that I could, someday, be the accused person, and that removing any part would probably result in the destruction of the entire Constitution. As a retired LEO, this belief has not changed.

·
Premium Member
2,784 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,198 Posts
A liberal plot?

It wouldn't surprise me that they are trying to recreate what happened last week at the Capitol...look at the power boost that gave them. President Trump's ability to communicate through social media was obliterated.

I hope no Republicans take the bait.

·
Premium Member
35,148 Posts
It wouldn't surprise me that they are trying to recreate what happened last week at the Capitol...look at the power boost that gave them. President Trump's ability to communicate through social media was obliterated.

I hope no Republicans take the bait.
It doesn't have to be a Republican, but simply someone posing as one.

·
Premium Member
3,076 Posts
Our President could have made it clear that he is NOT in support of these protests. That is, until the social media platforms BANNED him, so he now has no voice. That means that the American population is reduced to reading little-known websites to get the truth.

·
Registered
456 Posts
He also made it clear that he didn't support white supremacists but you see how much traction that got.
Face it, the "media" has been making up crap for decades. The last four years should have opened everyone's eyes to that. Aside from the one's who don't want to open them, which is a substantial amount.

·
Registered
84 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,198 Posts
Mark Levin just said on his radio show that the FBI had arrested a BLM member who had videoed himself climbing into the Capitol and yelling, "We in...let's burn the *ing place down" several times and also yelled that he had a knife.

No Democrat will care. There's been more evidence, on-line, that the usual players have been planning this for some time.

Trumps words did not start the rioting.

121 - 140 of 152 Posts