Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,512 Posts
Well there are many advantages having a NRA membership. Discounts and firearms insurance being a couple. However the biggest advantage is having a strong voice in DC lobbying on our behalf.

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
Our gun club requires NRA membership to be a member of the gun club. Insurance purposes.

They do have political weight, although some may not always agree with how it is used.

You will find other advantages on occasion, however small.

Reactions: joker1

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
IMO without the strength of the NRAs membership, we'd lost all/most of our guns a long time ago.
pretty much this. i dont support the NRA to get anything in return. i support them because they fight for my 2A rights, they take care of the legal/ political fighting, and they do a great job at it. our donations help fund the battles they fight for us, for our rights.

·
Registered
200 Posts
As far as the things that you get for your money that provide enjoyment I can think of 3 in descending order:

1. Insurance
2. Discounts on gun-related items
3. Magazine subscription to American Rifleman

I really don't have time to read the online magazine, but I have saved some money on holsters here and there.

Far and away the best thing about the NRA is its force as a lobbying organization. The main reason that I give is that I know by doing so I help to preserve my 2A rights. It is also cool that the NRA is the premiere gun safety organization in the U.S.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Welcome and thanks for joining our organization! To me the most important reason for being a lifetime member is knowing that I'm actively supporting a freedom that is unique in today's world - a freedom that so many have paid for with their lives and fortunes!

The President, Vice President and Attorney General of the United States vehemently attack the NRA for defending the Second Amendment. This is the best indication of how effective we are at preserving our right to keep and bear arms!

Reactions: Aceoky and phreddy

·
Registered
169 Posts
My reason for joining was to let Washington know that one more citizen woke up.

·
Premium Member
8,210 Posts
So I can get all that fine advertising:smile: ................................. The only reason i did join is to support our rights and my rights it cost tons of money to go up against the government and our tax money

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
And don't forget the NRA Wine Club.

Reactions: ppkheat

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Thank you for joining.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I joined after moving from NY to PA. Not to sound ignorant but I was more uninformed of how important the 2A is when I was in NY. I couldnt even get close to anything that was a handgun. As soon as I got PA residency i bought my first 3 handguns. Carrying made me feel safer in my apt and on the street. I now have the right to protect myself where I can legally carry. The whole experience reinforced why its so important and needs to be protected.

And most NRA members share the same views i do. Id prefer to be associated with people like that. Keep fighting the good fight.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
It's not a perfect organization but they do fight for our 2nd amendment rights. I doubt there is any organization that 100% of their members 100% agree with them 100% of the time. They are the largest and best voice we have in D.C. (the cesspool, not the forum). Insurance to cover your firearms, discounts, and being able to join a gun club are also advantages. The magazine is nice too, not 100% nice but some good reading and pretty pictures. Thank you for joining we all need all the help we can get in the coming years. Our rights are constantly under attack and this administration will not give up the fight.

·
Registered
42,916 Posts
Thanks for contributing to the cause but don't be surprised to start getting membership renewal notices every month--I do.

·
Premium Member
5,379 Posts
Thanks for contributing to the cause but don't be surprised to start getting membership renewal notices every month--I do.
Call the toll free number on the back of your card and you can have that fixed. Ask to be put on the do not promote list and see if they have you duped in the with multiple accounts. Happens sometimes especially if folks renew at gunshows and don't write their membership numbers on the renewal. I know many times folks would use their first initial and last name then sometimes their whole name. The system sees two people not just once hence twice the mail. I did it 7 years ago. I don't get any junk mail from NRA just the magazine.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
I joined because I don't get enough phone calls or mail. I kid. I kid. Though I don't agree with 100% of everything that comes out the NRA mouth...I agree with many of the sentiments posted...they do a TON of good to keep our 2ndA rights from erroding all the while trying to advance them. Thus I became a lifetime member. I also joined Gun Owners of America...great group, as well!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Well, what I get from them a lot is them wanting you to renew your yearly membership early for a discounted price. They usually offer some sort of little doohickey - like a folding knife or something to do so.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts