Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I caved in and got the baby Glock companion to my G19 today! My LGS had it for sale for $545. Bought a G17 mag as a backup mag to both the 19 and 26. Now it's the 19 for anything from cold weather days to baggy dark t-shirt days and the 26 for tighter/lighter t-shirt and tuck in days (will be in the market for a good tuckable holster soon). With my Galco gun belt and Triton holster, the G19 conceals well and the 26 vanishes. I'm very very happy!

·
Banned
2,289 Posts
Nice. I did that two years ago but ended up selling the 19 and getting a grip extension for the 26 so that the grip was the same size as the 19. That way I could carry 10 or 15 rounds with the same gun. The 19 is my favorite Glock but I no longer own any but will probably get one for xmas.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I had a 26 (and a 36) and traded them off for something else. I still kick myself for that foolish decision. The 26, if it fits you, is one great shooting 9mm.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Ahhhh.. Well Done! Im sure that you will be just as happy with the 26 as you are with the 19. :smile: When are you getting the 17? :mischievous:

·
Banned
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ahhhh.. Well Done! Im sure that you will be just as happy with the 26 as you are with the 19. :smile: When are you getting the 17? :mischievous:
I did see the 17 right next to it! I was tempted but I'm almost out of cash and I'm not as keen on service sized pistols. They are frequently range guns exclusively or for OC which I don't do.

But I learned to never say never ;)

·
Premium Member
7,276 Posts
LOL

Well you made an excellent choice! Welcome to the 'which one will I carry today' battle.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Welcome to the Darkside! Got a feeling you will love both models. Congrats on a great brace of pistols!!

·
Registered
554 Posts
Congrats on the G26. I love mine...its a great carry weapon.

You mentioned holsters...I carry mine in a Remora with a sweat shield (not the full sweat shield) and it has worked perfectly for me. Sure that style isn't for everyone, but with a Glock you'll want to keep it in a pocket holster anytime it's not locked up so why not get the Remora so you can tuck it if you need it in a hurry?

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Congrats on the 26. I am hoping to pick one up this weekend. I have been going back and forth on the 19 or 26. I like the 19 but I am thinking the 26 will conceal better with just a t-shirt or polo shirt. It has been an agonizing decision which to be honest has not been made yet. That one picture you took of the backside of the 2 pistols really shows the difference in the height of the 2. I think I will go with the 26 because you I can always put extensions on the magazine to make the grip a little longer and take them off if I am having trouble concealing it.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Congrats on the 26. I am hoping to pick one up this weekend. I have been going back and forth on the 19 or 26. I like the 19 but I am thinking the 26 will conceal better with just a t-shirt or polo shirt. It has been an agonizing decision which to be honest has not been made yet. That one picture you took of the backside of the 2 pistols really shows the difference in the height of the 2. I think I will go with the 26 because you I can always put extensions on the magazine to make the grip a little longer and take them off if I am having trouble concealing it.
I have never had issues concealing my 19, and I haven't changed my wardrobe at all really. However, get what you like!

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
I'm hoping to join the G26 club later this summer.

I'll pick up a Gen 4 Glock 26 after I buy one of these:

·
Banned
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have never had issues concealing my 19, and I haven't changed my wardrobe at all really. However, get what you like!
The G19 is crazy easy to conceal. I agree. I can hide it under all but the tightest and lightest colored t shirts. That's when I switch to the 26. Ahh yes, life is good.

·
Banned
292 Posts
Very nice choice. I made the same several years ago...

But I found that I really liked the 15-rounds from the G19...but the G26 was shorter in the slide and easier to conceal...so like others I simply got a grip adaptor for the G19 magazine, put it in the G26, and had the best of both worlds! Basically you get a G19 with a smaller frame and same capacity!

I sold the G19 and went with a G17: the G26 serves as both a G19 and G26, so the G17 is mostly for home defense and shoulder holster/winter weather. Just didn't make sense to have 2 pistols so close in size/capacity, so I up-graded to the full-size 17.

Congrats on a good purchase! I know they will serve you well, but I will also bet that at some point, the G19 will be traded/sold for something "different" than the G26!

·
Banned
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Very nice choice. I made the same several years ago...

But I found that I really liked the 15-rounds from the G19...but the G26 was shorter in the slide and easier to conceal...so like others I simply got a grip adaptor for the G19 magazine, put it in the G26, and had the best of both worlds! Basically you get a G19 with a smaller frame and same capacity!

I sold the G19 and went with a G17: the G26 serves as both a G19 and G26, so the G17 is mostly for home defense and shoulder holster/winter weather. Just didn't make sense to have 2 pistols so close in size/capacity, so I up-graded to the full-size 17.

Congrats on a good purchase! I know they will serve you well, but I will also bet that at some point, the G19 will be traded/sold for something "different" than the G26!
Sell the 19?? No way!! It's still my best gun even with the new baby in the fold. I draw and shoot better with the 19 and the 5 extra rounds is a lot. To me the 19 is an almost perfect carry piece. I've been able to hide it under everything but a tight light colored polo. To me the 26 is a conscious compromise in capacity and a firm grip for drawing. But still good enough to give me extreme piece of mind. The 19 is my default EDC.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Sell the 19?? No way!! It's still my best gun even with the new baby in the fold. I draw and shoot better with the 19 and the 5 extra rounds is a lot. To me the 19 is an almost perfect carry piece. I've been able to hide it under everything but a tight light colored polo. To me the 26 is a conscious compromise in capacity and a firm grip for drawing. But still good enough to give me extreme piece of mind. The 19 is my default EDC.
I am with you on the 19.

I have the 9mm trifecta and they're all keepers. I reserve the right to upgrade or duplicate as needed, but I will always have at least 1 of each.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts