Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just moved to Tennessee from another southern state. I know that to get my permit I have to take a class and then do a background check, yada yada. My question is: Is there anyway I can do the background check before I pay the money to take the class and send in the necessary documentation (and more money) for my background check? I just want to be sure that I will pass the background check before I waste a bunch of my money.

Thanks

·
Registered
988 Posts
You have to have the signed paperwork from your HCP class before you can submit an application for your permit at the DMV. The fingerprinting and background check follow this. Don't know if this answers your specific question, but that was the way it worked several years ago.

·
Registered
37,149 Posts
Sounds like you already know you can't pass one.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Worried bout somethin? Go to a gun show and try to buy a firearm they will run a bc if you pass that you will pass the b.c. for your HCP.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
I have bought a gun legally.
If you have purchased one before, like GoBigOrange said, you should be good to go. That is unless something that you think is questionable may have occured after your last purchase. The TBI will do the background work which will cover all time periods up to the date of check, and anything that has been reported prior to that date would be reflected on it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts