Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The title says it all. Just ordered a 21a Bobcat in the new “covert” FDE version. I already have an older bobcat in black that I had the barrel threaded on, but it has such a small thread area the adapter has a hard time staying put and likes to loosen up.

Couldn’t pass up getting a new iteration with a threaded attachment that is integral to the barrel. Should go great with my Rugged Oculus suppressor in the K config. I’ll put pics up when I have it in hand.

Here is an article with some stock photos of the new versions.

·
Registered
9,846 Posts
I been eying this really hard and they are making the tomcat with a threaded barrel now ..

Def intersted in if these run better then the older modesl ..

They would make great silencer host I think

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
I’m interested in these as well. Would prefer a .22 on Berettas .380 frame, but that haven’t made those in quite a while.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I been eying this really hard and they are making the tomcat with a threaded barrel now ..

Def intersted in if these run better then the older modesl ..

They would make great silencer host I think
Yeah the tomcat looks cool as well, I think for me I’d rather stick with 22lr though just due to cost and availability.

I have found that my older bobcat runs good ammo like CCI mini mag just about perfectly, and when I have the suppressor on it is perfect. Never a failure to extract with that added back pressure. With that said, without an extractor I don’t think they will ever be as reliable in general as other rimfire pistols.

·
Registered
9,846 Posts
Yeah the tomcat looks cool as well, I think for me I’d rather stick with 22lr though just due to cost and availability.

I have found that my older bobcat runs good ammo like CCI mini mag just about perfectly, and when I have the suppressor on it is perfect. Never a failure to extract with that added back pressure. With that said, without an extractor I don’t think they will ever be as reliable in general as other rimfire pistols.
Its funny I had a older one it just would not work ..CCI stinger mini mags whatever it would jam . No oil heavy oil light oilig it just jammed .. I think some just did not work

Reactions: Rock and Glock

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Question, how many Kitties are there?
I know there are various flavors of each Kitty but are there any more than:
1. Minx
2. Bobcat
3. Tomcat
4. Jaguar
5. Cheetah

1 - 10 of 10 Posts