Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered a new Black Arch Protos with the breathable backer for my Glock 27. I have been carrying in a RM Lowrider but for some reason, I can no longer get it positioned comfortably. I lost some weight over the fall so maybe that is it. I thought I'd give the Black Arch a try. Looking forward to doing a review soon.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just ordered a new Black Arch Protos with the breathable backer for my Glock 27. I have been carrying in a RM Lowrider but for some reason, I can no longer get it positioned comfortably. I lost some weight over the fall so maybe that is it. I thought I'd give the Black Arch a try. Looking forward to doing a review soon.
I have the original model for the Sig P938, I like it a lot.

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
You will like it I am sure. I have been using it for some time and I really like it. It is very comfortable and durability has been fantastic so far. You may have to experiment with the clips. I had to change to shorter clips to maintain the familiar feel I was used to.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tundra5.7

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Black Arch says their holsters are designed for the 4:30 position. They are comfortable in that position.

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. I am looking forward to trying it out. Received an email yesterday stating that my holster had shipped. Ordered on December 26th and shipped out on the 30th. Pretty quick turnaround time! Tracking # indicates I should get it Tuesday.

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
I just ordered the Protos-M single clip hybrid along with a dual clip breathable backer and loops for my SR9c. Still trying to find the right one for a somewhat heavier gun (28+oz loaded). Until that magic holster comes along, I mostly carry my LC9s (21oz loaded). I had one of the original Black Arch single clip hybrids for my former P938, and it was a good holster, so I'm looking forward to getting these.

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got the new holster in Tuesday but have not had time to wear it for more than a few minutes as of yet. Thanks Black Arch for a super quick turn around time and quick shipping!:35: My initial impressions are positive so far. The holster seems to be made of very good materials and I have yet to find any imperfections. I am impressed with the actual size of this holster with my G27 in it. The holster is much more compact than what it looks like on the website! I will try to post up a few pictures this weekend.

·
Registered
24 Posts
So what ya think ? Is it easy to re holster your firearm to ? All I've had experience is with blade Tec and I like them but I just added a tlr6 to my glock 26 and I see black arch makes holsters for them ... only thing I don't like is it's hard to re holster could be I'm a fat boy lol

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So what ya think ? Is it easy to re holster your firearm to ? All I've had experience is with blade Tec and I like them but I just added a tlr6 to my glock 26 and I see black arch makes holsters for them ... only thing I don't like is it's hard to re holster could be I'm a fat boy lol
I did not have any issues with reholstering. I found the Black Arch to be the most comfortable IWB Hybrid style holster that I have tried.

·
Registered
45 Posts
yeah, black arch will probably be the next holster I try if I don't bond with the one I got coming in today. (a Vedder light tuck)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts