Defensive Carry banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as the thread title states, I just ordered a Vedder Rapidtuck IWB Holster for my new Glock 23.

I've been reading on here for the past few days & while there are many, many options out there I felt this one was a good choice in terms of price & quality.

So maybe I should've asked this before I ordered, but does anyone carry in one of these? How do you like it?

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have both the Vedder Lightuck and Rapidtuck (for different guns). I use the Rapidtuck for the larger of my two carry guns, the M&P9c. I really like the Rapidtuck. The pros to me are the adjustable cant, adjustable height, and the metal clip. The clip is just fantastic. It holds the holster in place well. The cons are that there is no (easy) adjustable retention. Mine came really tight (once inside the waistband with a belt pulled snug). Like some other holsters the only way to adjust the tension is to heat the kydex shell. The other con is that it takes a while to break in. When I first got it, it was not comfortable. It took about two weeks of wearing it daily to become comfortable to me. Now it is great but I almost wrote it off before I gave it a chance because my previous holster did not need that break in time. My previous holster was the most comfortable I had ever had. It was a Foxx Holster. The Little_Fox. When you get the comfort pad added to that holster it is great from the very beginning. The problem I had with Foxx was the plastic clips. After breaking the third clip I decided I had to look elsewhere for a holster. Anyway I only use Vedder holsters now for IWB and have been very happy.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a Rapid Tuck for my 4" XD-S and a Light Tuck for my G19. Also just ordered a Light Tuck for the XD-S. I went from a Hidden Hybrid holster to the Rapid Tuck with my XD-S and really liked it didn't take up a lot of real estate on my body. The way the hybrid holster pressed against my body it made the gun feel much bigger than it was and I wanted something smaller. The Rapid Tuck is a nice and comfy holster but I agree with Zredwire. It does take some getting used to in terms of draw. Once the holster is on your body there is a lot of retention and I found giving the gun a slight twist while pulling up made it easier to draw. Clip with cant and height adjustment is awesome. I have ordered a Light Tuck as I like the way my 19 carries with that and wanted to try one with the XD-S.

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
I have a Vedder Light Tuck that I use for an XDS. In comparison to other kydex holsters that I have owned and used I'd rate the Vedder product pretty high. In terms of price and quality I'd call it a good choice if you like kydex.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. Maybe I'll also pick up a light tuck, but for now I wanted to try a hybrid.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Although that Little Foxx looks really good too....& the price (even with the comfort backing) is great! Wish I Would've seen that one before I ordered mine. Maybe I woulda given that one a try.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Although that Little Foxx looks really good too....& the price (even with the comfort backing) is great! Wish I Would've seen that one before I ordered mine. Maybe I woulda given that one a try.
Besides the clip breaking the only other thing I did not like about the Little Foxx holster was that the only way to adjust ride height is to purchase a different clip. They have clips in three sizes you can use to adjust ride height. The clips are pretty expensive but once you find the height you like then your good. The real problem is the clips breaking. This seems to happen most to people with fairly thick gun belts (which mine is). If you have to bend the clip very far at all to get around your belt when putting the holster on, it will weaken and eventually break. If Foxx used metal clips I would have stayed with them. I even tried the metal clip from my Vedder on the Foxx, but it did not line up, lol.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well, I got the Vedder on the way. Should have it by middle of next week, so I'll let you guy know how I like it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I switched from hybrid holsters to the Vedder Lighttucks...they are extremely well made, all edges are smooth, and surprisingly comfortable...much easier on and off too.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So far Vedder is off to a good start. Ordered my holster on Tuesday & got an email yesterday (Thursday) that it had shipped. Hoping to get it by Monday, since they are right up the state from me.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK, so I just picked up the mail & my new Vedder was in there.....

upon 1st impression it looks really well made. The G23 clicks in very solidly & the holster has great retention. wearing it now around the house it feels like it keeps the gun really close to my body, thus helping in the concealment. I ordered it with the upgraded horse hide leather, so I'l let you guys know how that goes. I imagine it'll break in better after a few days of wear.

The holster came in a nice fabric bag with the Vedder logo & a cool little sticker that says "Keep calm & carry on"....don't know where I'm going to stick the sticker, because I really don't like to adverstise that I carry, but I'm sure I'll find a spot somewhere around the house.

Anyways, here are a few pics.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts