Defensive Carry banner

Just picked up a ruger LCR

5K views 42 replies 34 participants last post by  crankshop1000 
#1 ·
I am driving back from a gun show and just purchased a LCR for my Christmas present. Early present of coarse. So far I am happy with it I've read a lot of reviews on it and I hope I can shoot it this week or so. I just had to state how excited I truly am.

#2 ·
Congrats, I believe you made a good choice. I got one a couple of days ago and have pocket carried it since I left the range. he he he I already have 150rds through it.:image035:

#6 ·
Congrats on the new pistola, don't forget the bandaids for your trigger finger...:wave:

#9 ·
Put 50 rounds through one today, my wife thought she wanted one so we rented one to let her try. She did not like it at all. Too much recoil for her. It was fun to shoot, don't know if I would buy one though, too many others I would like first.

#12 ·
I got one like 3 weeks ago...you will be very happy!!!

I first rented a 442 and LCR and for me the LCR had a much better trigger, pinned front sight(XS Big Dot will be available soon) and it was cheaper.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

I bought it as a BUG, but I have already a few times just grabbed it and tossed it in my front pocket and ran out of the house.

#13 ·
Your gonna love the LCR

I bought one a couple of months ago and it has been my constant companion. For a very lightweight snubby I can't find anything to complain about it other than the grips are a little chunky for pocket carry. It does kick a bit but less than a comparable Airweight Smith.:wink:

#14 ·
+1 on the range reports; I am very interested in this piece myself.....

#17 ·
Finally shot mine today. 35 rounds of factory and reloads, mostly +P.
No signs of breaking or having forcing cone issues.

I'll post my Range report on the Crimson Trace equipped LCR in a day or so.
I still need to upload the pics.

Know that the Range employee had never seen on in person.
He was very impressed when I let him dry fire mine before
I went onto the lanes.

#19 ·
Originally Posted by JonInNY
Some of you are lucky that you can try these out or rent them before purchasing. Not here in NY. I'm waiting for someone local to get one so I can try it. <sigh>.

Take a day trip and come over to Connecticut and rent from Hoffmans and try it at their range. I find that they have the lowest prices around. I am not affiliated with them in any way. I just like their huge store and prices

#20 ·
Congrats Impulse,

I was at Birch Run Saturday too, I went to find a Sig p239 DAK, could only find 1 used p239 in the building. In looking and holding this arm I decided I did not like it all that much. I also checked out the Keltec PF-9 and the Walther PPS decisions decisions its all fun, my wife will be taking the class for her CPL in the summer and is looking at the LCR let us know how it runs.....

Griz

#22 ·
griz

Birch run show is a great show i have purchased my glock,taurus, and stag arms rifle from there. It's one of the best shows with in a few hours of me. Do you ever go to the gibralter gun show?? I used to go there years ago with my father and it was great but recently it was pretty dull.

#23 ·
When I first handled it at the shop I liked it a lot! The trigger action is really nice although I haven’t rented one to shoot, and they do have one for that purpose. In fact, I wanted it but held off. My local shop knows me and I have a habit of changing my mind. In this particular case, I opted for another J-Smith’.
Regards,

#30 ·
Finally got a chance to shoot my LCR. I was shooting Winchester target (not sure on grain). I shot about 25 rounds of that and 25 rounds of corbon .38 special +p self defense round. This is my first time really shooting a snubbie and I am all over the place on the target. But I'm hitting it and that's all I need with it. I will work on getting my groups tighter though. All in all I love the gun. Best revolver I have ever shoot IMO. The trigger is amazing. I wish I could put pictures up but I'm down to my phone since the computer is broken. The only problem I had is my trigger finger has a little chunk missing out of it but that is due to the +p rounds and I have yet to work on finger placement when shooting this. I'm used to semi auto 9mm and 45's. I fell this was well worth the money for it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.