Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Traded in my SIG P226 for a Ruger LCP. Haven't really shot my SIG in quite some time. Then I bought the XDm 9mm which really threw the 226 on the back burner. The gun store I bought it had adequate ammo on the shelves. She told me they do not put the 380 Auto on the shelves because it would be gone so they pretty much only sell it with handguns which are purchased. Also said 45 Long Colt is pretty hard to obtain, otherwise has gotten easier.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Traded in my SIG P226 for a Ruger LCP. Haven't really shot my SIG in quite some time. Then I bought the XDm 9mm which really threw the 226 on the back burner. The gun store I bought it had adequate ammo on the shelves. She told me they do not put the 380 Auto on the shelves because it would be gone so they pretty much only sell it with handguns which are purchased. Also said 45 Long Colt is pretty hard to obtain, otherwise has gotten easier.
So if you want to buy any 380 Auto ammo,.. Ya need to purchase a gun to get it.. Do they regulate how many boxes of ammo you get with each gun??

·
Premium Member
10,047 Posts
I think you'll like the LCP for special duty use! I love mine!

·
Registered
202 Posts
I'm getting one--pretty excited about it. I like the Elsie Pea Forum, be sure to check out their store for accessories!

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
I love carrying this gun because it is sooooo much lighter than my Glock, but dang, it packs a punch when you shoot it.

I put defensive rounds in it. Shoots them fine. But since I plan my emergencies well in advance :blink:, I just know I will never need to use it.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I love my LCP...never a hiccup....after 350 rounds...enjoy!!!!

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Wow...the XDm was good enough to make you forget a 226, first time I've heard that. Oh well congrats on your new gun.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I've had mine for some time but don't have a lot of rounds downrange. In any event, I really like it. The recoil horror stories to me are insane, but of course that is subjective.

I like it so much, I've got it in my pocket right now, sitting on the Lazy Boy typing this. :image035:

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I highly recommend a little Bright Sights sight paint or nail polish on the front sight. I have orange on mine and it really helps.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Traded in my SIG P226 for a Ruger LCP.
Literally? If so, you got the shaft, sorry. I'm no fan of the 226, but everyone knows its worth a WHOLE lot more than the LCP.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I really like the mag grip extension for
the LCP. KT 3AT grip extensions will fit
the LCP too. Agree with what EW3 said
about getting the bright sights paint for it
and maybe the crimson trace laser sight too.
make sure it isnt one of the older models that had the recall.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Great pocket pistol. Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
My LCP is my bug out gun, so easy to pocket and carry anywhere.

Hope you got some pocket change in the trade. :smile:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts