Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just traded my 4'' service for a sub-comp and i love it:danceban:, i loved the 4'' but jus to big to carry. wish i had of bought the sub the first time but we live and learn!!!:image035:

·
Registered
366 Posts
I sure like mine...... XD9sc

so since you got a new one, you got the 13 mag and a 16 mag....??

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
I think lot of us started out carrying a large service type pistol concealed and soon learned it was a lot easier to carry the sub compact models. Congrats on your new handgun.

·
Premium Member
2,939 Posts
You don't lose much with the subcompact, and you gain ease of concealability.

Did it come with the 13-round short mags?

Mine has the 10-round short ones, but I'll get some 13-rounders eventually.

Nice gun.

·
Premium Member
1,806 Posts
I did the same thing (but with .40). Bought the service first, then the sc. No trade though --kept them both. Service is in my night stand and sc is now EDC.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Sounds like a good trade to me... Glad you're happy with the XDsc...I love my XD45, it's my nightstand gun...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did the same thing (but with .40). Bought the service first, then the sc. No trade though --kept them both. Service is in my night stand and sc is now EDC.
i thought bout just keeping it as a nightstand gun but already have one so just thought why not trade!!!! then i had the hard decision of do i get the .40 or stay with the 9mm so i stuck with the nine and told myself maybe ill change my mind later and want the .40 !! another good reason to go buy another gun :danceban:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You don't lose much with the subcompact, and you gain ease of concealability.

Did it come with the 13-round short mags?

Mine has the 10-round short ones, but I'll get some 13-rounders eventually.

Nice gun.
yea it came with the 13 and 16 round mags!!! thought bout buyin another 13 round to carry for back up instead of the big 16 round(not to easy to conceal IMO)

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
just traded my 4'' service for a sub-comp and i love it:danceban:, i loved the 4'' but jus to big to carry. wish i had of bought the sub the first time but we live and learn!!!:image035:
I have an XD SC exactly the same except with CS Laser grip.

I liked it at first. I was not comfortable for me with the larger grip.Others tried it.liked it, and thought it was a nice pistol. It is also fairly accurate. I lubed it put it in the safe.

Around here, I carry a 5" .45 ACP 1911 Kimber most of the time. when I need to conceal I carry a Walther 9mm PPS.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have an XD SC exactly the same except with CS Laser grip.

I liked it at first. I was not comfortable for me with the larger grip.Others tried it.liked it, and thought it was a nice pistol. It is also fairly accurate. I lubed it put it in the safe.

Around here, I carry a 5" .45 ACP 1911 Kimber most of the time. when I need to conceal I carry a Walther 9mm PPS.
have you ever thought bout takein the CS laser grip off to make the grip smaller??? ive never heard any complaints on the grip of the XD !! i

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
XD SC

have you ever thought bout takein the CS laser grip off to make the grip smaller??? ive never heard any complaints on the grip of the XD !! i
No, I did not try to remove the CS grip. There is a pin that needs to be changed out when the CS grip is added. I did not have the original so I just left it as is. I paid $300.00 extra for the CS laser when I bought it.

I put about 500 rounds through it. I had some others try it. All thought it was a good gun. There is nothing wrong with the gun. It never jambed and it shoots fairly accurate.
It just was not right for me.

I went back and bought A Walther PPS. I love it, some hate it.
I thought it was about perfect for me. It is slim but fits my hands nicely.

After that I got into 1911's. All Kimbers. It is now hard to go back to anything else except for my Sigs and Walthers.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No, I did not try to remove the CS grip. There is a pin that needs to be changed out when the CS grip is added. I did not have the original so I just left it as is. I paid $300.00 extra for the CS laser when I bought it.

I put about 500 rounds through it. I had some others try it. All thought it was a good gun. There is nothing wrong with the gun. It never jambed and it shoots fairly accurate.
It just was not right for me.

I went back and bought A Walther PPS. I love it, some hate it.
I thought it was about perfect for me. It is slim but fits my hands nicely.

After that I got into 1911's. All Kimbers. It is now hard to go back to anything else except for my Sigs and Walthers.
would u wana sell the laser grip and we swap the pins or whatever needs to be done???

1 - 13 of 13 Posts