·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
That's sweet... I'm drooling too....

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Looks interesting.

Few observations, though. The stock looks really long (which makes the rifle look really long for having a 16" barrel), and the grip a little high compared to the height of the trigger. The mag well looks a little tight based on the couple pictures they have, so non USGI mags might not fit. Sights look proprietary, which for red dot sights could be problematic finding mounts. No real info on the barrel itself except its twist rate (what kind of barrel steel, hammer forged or not, etc.), and it doesn't look threaded for a flash hider.

Why do people keep putting the charging handle on the right side? Make it ambi, or put it on the left side...

-B

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Meh.

8lbs unloaded and without accessories is a bit heavy.

I wonder if the gas port location is going to cause increased wear.

Spare parts are probably going to be amazingly problematic.

Still, they do make an awesome shotgun so I would give it a try.

·
Premium Member
10,046 Posts
Looks interesting.

Few observations, though. The stock looks really long (which makes the rifle look really long for having a 16" barrel), and the grip a little high compared to the height of the trigger. The mag well looks a little tight based on the couple pictures they have, so non USGI mags might not fit. Sights look proprietary, which for red dot sights could be problematic finding mounts. No real info on the barrel itself except its twist rate (what kind of barrel steel, hammer forged or not, etc.), and it doesn't look threaded for a flash hider.

Why do people keep putting the charging handle on the right side? Make it ambi, or put it on the left side...

-B
Some good critical analysis there BAC. Nice observations. :hand10:

It still looks sweet and probably a tac driver as well.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Thank you sir.

Does anybody have any significant trigger time on the ARGO gas system (as in the Benelli M4)? I'm wondering how well it'll translate to use in a rifle, and if it's got any known problems with it.

-B

·
Premium Member
2,839 Posts
I guess Benelli is following the path Remington blazed with their patrol rifle. It is based on their shottie.....same control, just a rifle round.

I could see some police depts. using them IF they were already using Bennelli shotguns.

What's the price going to be?

Works for me...I'm a leftie.....

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
..........What's the price going to be?..........
MR1 SPECIFICATIONS
5.56 x 45mm NATO (.223 Rem.)
16"
Synthetic Stock - Tactical Pistol Grip
37.1"
7.9 lbs. (w/o magazine)
MSRP $1299

Other specifications:
Bore characteristics: Hard chrome lined
1 Twist in 9 in, right hand
Method of operation: ARGO (Auto-Regulating-Gas-Operated)
Rotating bolt.
Military-style aperture sights with picatinny rail.​

·
Premium Member
3,579 Posts
Looks interesting.

-B
I agree with you 100%! That stock looked long right off the bat. I guess I am used to AR ergonomics and 6 position stocks. I also was thinking where would you mount a flashlight or laser?

·
Registered
1,104 Posts

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
Everybody send me $1 and I'll give it a test drive.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts