Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a lot of problems in U.S. society today. I think the whole concept of "social justice" is one of the major issues.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Unfortunately, our criminal justice system has been perverted by the folks who play a major role in dispensing justice. Too many judges lean away from a neutral position to evaluate the facts and seem hungry to embrace everything but the elements of the crime. Prosecutors seem to be more concerned about their conviction rates than providing the community with equal justice. A defense attorney's advice to a client may not be the best option for the client but the most expedient for the attorney to book. The one common denominator is the main characters are all... lawyers. The jurors are social justice practitioners.

·
Registered
564 Posts
To me social justice is mostly about being able to shout down those you resent because of what they have and taking those things away from them. Social tyranny might describe it more accurately.

·
Banned
1,100 Posts
Social justice is easy to understand. It is the notion that what's mine is mine and what's yours is mine too.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
It comes down to they want the same stuff you have without earning it.
Why should they have to work hard, get an education, play by the rules.
That's for suckers.
Give me my free stuff or I will call you a racists, a xenophobe. I will get you to pay for my sex change. If you don't I will get you fired from your job unless you give me what I want.

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
Social justice has been around forever - it just took a complicit media to legitimize it so it could become a tool for corrupt politicians. It has nothing to do with justice.

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
I wish someone would put me in charge of writing the curriculum for law school. Every, and I mean every single law school graduate, no exceptions, would have a working understanding of what led to the rise of "Committees of Vigilance". In case you're not familiar with the term, it is usually shortened to "vigilantes" or "vigilantism".

That is one prong of a lethal duo that arise when a justice system fails. The other prong is absolute and complete lawlessness. "Why should I obey the law? Nobody else has to."

My bull excrement meter tells me that is what many of these would be "Comrade Adolph" politicians are hoping for. That is a dangerous thing for those who flaunt justice in the face of an armed populace.

·
Registered
868 Posts
That was a good video, Raven. Thanks for posting it. It seems to me that the concept of social justice is predicated on the democratization of victimhood based on envy. I think people historically have admiration for martyrs. Martyrs are the ne plus ultra of genuine victims who have fallen in the service of universal truths.

Unfortunate people who have a difficult time competing in the human rat race seem to feel that the attention lavished on martyrs is desirable. For some, their justifiably low self-esteem causes them to eagerly surrender themselves to their wet dreams of heroism in the face of battling injustice to themselves. In fact, most who lust after attention are the least worthy to have it and thus, we have innumerable examples of human dross competing for attention by pretending to be legitimate contenders for martyrdom. They must sleep at night fitfully dreaming of marching across snow-covered battlefields waving the Hammer and Sickle in one hand and the other filled with a firing PPSH mowing down the Invader. These frankly benighted souls see imaginary victimhood as the primary means to effect for themselves the adoration of the pub, the workplace, the church, or the public at large.

Justice is in the mind. Social Justice locates in the gonads. It's Thought versus Feelings and today it seems obvious the latter holds sway over most human interactions in this country. Like the video seemed to be saying, social justice isn't.

·
Registered
5,915 Posts
Bernie Sanders is the perfect example of someone who wants social justice!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
217 Posts
This discussion reminds me of this famous quote:
The poor have to labour in the face of the majestic equality of the law, which forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.
Jacques Anatole François Thibault, 1894

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
Bernie Sanders is the perfect example of someone who wants social justice!:rolleyes:
Especially if it doesn't cost him a penny of his "hard-earned" fortune. :rolleyes:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts