Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
kevin from k&d just called. said they had to redesign the holster for my 649. he just wanted to let me know they hadn't forgot about me and my order would be shipping soon. he told me when i ordered originally it would be 6 to 8 weeks before they shipped, and after the hurricane came thru they were a little further behind. i said no problem. that phone call ranks as GREAT customer service in my book.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Indeed craig - Kevin is, like most of our esteemed holster makers, a very stand up fella.

Caring about customers is, after all not a lost art - leastways, not in some aspects of our world of guns :smile: I am I think of the same opinion as you here - if something is appreciated, say so - cos so many folks are only keen to complain.

Praise where praise is due I say :smile:

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
That's great. It is good to know that customer service still exists in this day and age. Also it is good of you to point it out. Seems like we always here about the negative instead of the positive.
Mike

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I have one coming also. Should be here shortly. I can't wait. :biggrin:
Mike

·
Registered
310 Posts
Thanks for all the kind words, folks. Customer service is a priority and I try to keep folks informed as much as possible. It pretty much follows the old adage of treat people the way you wish to be treated. :smile:

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
k&d cares

just got a pm from kevin at k&d asking how the holsters were working out. hated to tell him i haven't really had a chance to try them out much. holidays, moving, the flu, etc. the little bit i have tried them shows first rate fit and workmanship. hopefully i can really try them out soon barring any other disasters, lol. it's nice to know some people still care about their customers.

·
Banned
151 Posts
Craig I agree it was a nice gesture that Kevin took the time to send you a message. It means he really cares about people who buy his products.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I called him the other day asking about a double belt-slide mag holder. He said that he didn't think he could make it to the quality standards he wants to keep. Basically Kevin turned down an order because he didn't know for sure he could do it as well as he wanted. Got to admire someone like that.

·
Banned
151 Posts
Ever since this CCW thing really got rolling it's been a gold mine for a lot people dealing in leather and non-leather CCW products some have been real crafters of quality products. Others have just jumped on the gold rush of CCW people needing Holsters and Belts also many other small items like Mag holders.

Like everything time will tell who the really quality craftmen are. And their customers will also know who they are.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Well for all the good reviews that Kevin gets, thats when i rear my ugly head. I am unhappy with Kevin right now. I placed an order for my Cochise Defender on 02 Jan 06, I sent him an email on 09 Feb 06 asking for an update. I received an email from him on 11 Feb 06 stating that he was still working on a large order received a couple of days before mine (suspect) and that he will begin working on mine in 10-12 days. Now from what i read on this post is how he has emailed, called you folks about the status of your holsters, I haven't heard a peep from him, I had to initiate all the peeping....I'm venting!!

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
maqueswell said:
Well for all the good reviews that Kevin gets, thats when i rear my ugly head. I am unhappy with Kevin right now. I placed an order for my Cochise Defender on 02 Jan 06, I sent him an email on 09 Feb 06 asking for an update. I received an email from him on 11 Feb 06 stating that he was still working on a large order received a couple of days before mine (suspect) and that he will begin working on mine in 10-12 days. Now from what i read on this post is how he has emailed, called you folks about the status of your holsters, I haven't heard a peep from him, I had to initiate all the peeping....I'm venting!!
I ordered mine in December 29 and haven't got it yet am i worried no .

have i got a Email other than the one where i asked him to change something right after the order .. nope

Am i going to call and email asking where it is nope.

Most of the Little guys are still behind from the christmas rush its been 6 weeks and is on par for how long a hand made holster takes

try High noon try 4 months or more from them.

Also what is so suspect of him working on a big order than came in before yours ??

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
when i ordered my holsters he said up front it would be 6 to 8 weeks minimum. very unusual for him not to update you.

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Also you did read the Site where it says this right on the front page right?

Note: We certainly appreciate your visiting us. If you decide to place an order, our current turnaround time is at 6-8 weeks.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Bud White said:
I ordered mine in December 29 and haven't got it yet am i worried no .

have i got a Email other than the one where i asked him to change something right after the order .. nope

Am i going to call and email asking where it is nope.

Most of the Little guys are still behind from the christmas rush its been 6 weeks and is on par for how long a hand made holster takes

try High noon try 4 months or more from them.

Also what is so suspect of him working on a big order than came in before yours ??
My suspicians just came about when i read this post, on how he seemed to keep his customers appraised on their order status, while i received nothing, and i had to iniciate communication for a status. Thats all, i was just stating my thoughts.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Bud White said:
Also you did read the Site where it says this right on the front page right?

Note: We certainly appreciate your visiting us. If you decide to place an order, our current turnaround time is at 6-8 weeks.
Yup i did..

1 - 20 of 52 Posts