Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got in the pocket holster for the wife's Ruger LCR from Kevin yesterday. As usual great work and beautiful leather. The LCR slides in and out beautifully.

I work a couple of nights each week and the wife had been carrying the LCR in her pocket. It worked better than her IWB holster and Kahr CW9 with the sweat pants she wears in cold weather. When I handed her the LCR in the holster yesterday she was wearing dress slacks. She said, "Let's see if it will fit." and slide the holster and gun into her right front pocket. You could tell there was something in the pocket, but not what it was. She just smiled and nodded. Then she said, "It fits well." I don't think that she believed it would fit in the pocket of the dress slacks. She also likes the way it smooths the feel of the gun in her pocket.

Here are a few photos of the holster and gun. I'll try to get some of her carrying it as soon as things settle down - it's Christmas time you know. :image035:

Before anyone asks: Those are Tuff Products QuickStrips and the ammo is Hornady Critical Defense.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
That's some nice leather... :yup::congrats:

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
Nice leather 'eye-candy'...:yup::hand10:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Think K & D shut down for a couple of months to catch up on orders. They reopened and I ordered a IWB Thunderbird when they reopened and received it in just about 60 days. Kevin does terrific work and quality is top notch.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Good looking leather.. I prefer a flat sided pocket holster for carry. When I carry a revolver in a pocket holster that is fitted (boned) to the gun it looks like I have a gun in my pocket. With a flat sided holster it looks like a wallet if anything at all.
OMO
bosco

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good looking leather.. I prefer a flat sided pocket holster for carry. When I carry a revolver in a pocket holster that is fitted (boned) to the gun it looks like I have a gun in my pocket. With a flat sided holster it looks like a wallet if anything at all.
OMO
bosco
My wife carries in her right pocket so the boned side is toward her. Look at the second photo to see what the outside looks like. Not flat, but not fitted either.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Nice.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Nice looking leather you got there. :bier:

·
Registered
403 Posts
I bought a Dakoda Defender holster from Kevin last year & notice on his new web site that it does not show it at all just wondering if he disscontinued that model holster, if so to bad ,for it's a great IWB holster.

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I bought a Dakoda Defender holster from Kevin last year & notice on his new web site that it does not show it at all just wondering if he disscontinued that model holster, if so to bad ,for it's a great IWB holster.
He did discontinue the Dakota. He only makes the Thunderbird now as it provides both IWB and OWB capability.

EDITED TO ADD THE FOLLOWING:

I have been in contact with Kevin today (12/30) and he gave me this information.

While the website does not show the Dakota Defender he is willing to make one for a customer if it is for a gun on his gun list. For more info you would have to contact him directly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts