Defensive Carry banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
I have been tempted to convert my square to round since 4" round butts are hard to find and I don't buy guns with frame locks. I think I would need to order the round butt strain screw and the RB template.

Interesting opinion article on the two. The original square butt without any grip adapters is the best for single action shooting in my opinion since it stabilizes the hand better when the thumb leaves the grip to cock the hammer. I find adding a grip adapter like the Tyler T or the old Pachmayr is better for double action shooting. This guy seems to prefer the round butt for double action shooting and "quickness" for concealed carry which is a point that peaks my interest.

Round Butt vs. Square Butt (Revolvers That Is) - The K-Var Armory

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
I have several S&W K frame snubbies that I have carried, and the round butt conceals better than the square butt. The photo below shows a S&W model 66 snubby with round butt and Hogue bantam grips, my favorite setup for CCW of this gun type.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Which do you prefer and why?
I prefer a square grip on a square frame, and a round grip on a round frame . . .

Butt, that's just me.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
I can shoot them both just fine, but I prefer the square but, it just fits me better.

·
Registered
10,208 Posts
Reactions: Rabbit212
41 - 51 of 51 Posts