Defensive Carry banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this one floundering in a lonesome showcase. It looked rather lonely so I decided I should give it a good home. It's in great shape for 60 year old revolver. It is a 4 screw K38 from 1957. SN K296xxx. Haven't taken the grips off to see if they number to the gun but I suspect they do, the condition of the grips look similar to the condition of the revolver itself. It's not perfect but in VG shape considering its age, which by the way , is the same as its new owner. The Smith has held up better than I have. LOL! I'll get some better photos soon, but for now I only have these. Enjoy.
I did just pull the grips and they indeed do number to the gun. Unmolested old Smith. I like 'em.

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
Hot'n'heavy .38s are actually special if given enough barrel.

Reactions: gatorbait51

·
Premium Member
5,814 Posts
I found this one floundering in a lonesome showcase. It looked rather lonely so I decided I should give it a good home. It's in great shape for 60 year old revolver. It is a 4 screw K38 from 1957. SN K296xxx. Haven't taken the grips off to see if they number to the gun but I suspect they do, the condition of the grips look similar to the condition of the revolver itself. It's not perfect but in VG shape considering its age, which by the way , is the same as its new owner. The Smith has held up better than I have. LOL! I'll get some better photos soon, but for now I only have these. Enjoy.
I did just pull the grips and they indeed do number to the gun. Unmolested old Smith. I like 'em.

The Curt Le May special I am so jealous!

Reactions: msgt/ret

·
Super Moderator
19,172 Posts
Congratulations on you for giving a poor neglected revolver a new home, well done.

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
That's a nice find.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
I've taken home (rescued?); dogs, hungry hitch hikers & wayward ladies of the night :image035:. And NONE (not ONE) of them were, IMHO, as good-lookin' as...that ol' Masterpiece.

Well Done & Well Bought! :congrats:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts