Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
I have one and I love it. Easy to conceal, easy to shoot. Initially the slide retraction was a little stiff but that has gotten better with use. To me it is a great value.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I gave one a try about two years ago. I expected to run into issues with it since Kahr recommends a break in period. I was really surprised when I noticed that the slide was cutting grooves into the frame. No, it didn't affect the guns performance in any way, but it isn't normal wear and tear. I was flamed by some of the DC members when I posted a thread about it since it was considered a budget gun. Kahr has probably made improvements since I had mine.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I dislike Kahr's. Their grips are very uncomfortable to me and their slides can be difficult to rack, especially on the smaller models. I am open to one of their full size, all steel frame models but they can keep their smallish polymer pistols.

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Kahr pistols have heavier recoil springs that comparable size pistol . There made for hottest loads out there unlike most . Adding a slip- on grip aid or free used piece of 1.75" inner tube cut to cover as much grip as possible will ease grip issues for the soft handed folks and help at least during breakin for all . A more seasoned shooter may be better off during the first 100 or 200 rounds as the recoil spring do soften a bit with use and it becomes easier to rack . Most people think the slide runs on rails above the frame like other brands . NO . Only the rear of the slide runs on two metal tabs at the rear of the frame . The front two rails are down in the recoil spring area . The "plastic " rails that wear in are for keep trash out and to aid the newbe buyer during reassembly and stop wearing all together after a box full of ammo at the most . Pays to read up on any handgun before complaining . The chambers are tighter than many other makes so ammo needs to be of better quality and plunk tested . Nytrile gloves also aid in grip control during the break in period . I don't own a 380 kahr as I have no use for a 380 but do have a cm9 for pocket needs and several other larger models . 4 kahrs ,many thousands of rounds fired and zero issues over 11 years .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts