Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend got the personal carry 9 mm pistol. However, he can't find a holster for it. I thought that you folks might be able to help.
Thanks.:king:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Welcome :smilez:

Well for starters go take a peek at Kevin's (K&D Holsters) site

http://www.kdholsters.com/

I just have that link to hand - and you'll see some of the options that might help - a good custom leather rig is a good way to go.

·
Registered
770 Posts
K&D makes good stuff...
One thing to keep in mind, no maker is gonna list the CW9...they do list the K9/P9/E9 and 40's...they are the same gun and take the same holster.
Hope that helps......Everyone makes a holster for them.
Shoot well.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I have the P9 and use a FIST kydex IWB with a J hook. It's very think, light and comfortable. The J hook makes it easy to put on/take off. I would like to try a quality leather holster and likely will some day but it'll have to be something with the the straps before and aft of the pistol, not on top of it. Things can get too thick in a hurry. If you go to any of the major holster makers they can make a wide variety of holsters for this gun.

I have a Blade-Tech Kydex IWB tuckable that I'm trying to sell. Costs about $60 new and I'm willing to sell it for half of that and it's in perfect shape as I've never worn it other than to try it in the house once or twice. I like the J hook as it's easier to take on and off. The Blade-Tech has to be threaded on the belt. If your friend is interested just send me a message.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Gentlemen! The Kahr CW9 has a different slide from other Kahr pistols. I've had probelms finding a holster because the CW9 has a blockier slide and have ruined one holster (Fobus). Thank God it wasn't me that ruining it (saleperson kept trying to get it to work). I picked up the CW9 for $380 and to keep cost down Kahr didn't machine the slide or do any fancy engraving. I have a generic nylon holster that works but want something more form fitting and a paddle. By the way it shoots flawlessly with standard ammo but +P+ causes it to hiccup everytime on the last round in the clip and fellow member newbie9mil will testify to this.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Actually Ive made leather holsters for the CW...the front of the slide is more angled and less blocky making it easier to reholster.

It works with STD. K series holsters at least in leather....Kydex may pose a problem as its less forgiving than leather is.

All I can pass on is what Ive seen/done.......unless they changed the shape/dimensions from the guns Ive played with, which is a possibility.....a good leather K series holster should work just fine.

Shoot well.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Welcome to you both, glad to see some more Kahr drivers on the board! The slimness of these pistols makes them great for IWB; I carry my K9 like this exclusively. I'm searching for a good holster as well, since I'm still using the Don Hume that I bought with the pistol. It has worked great, but I'd like to upgrade.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts