Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a Kahr MK9 and seem to be having a hard time finding it (even on the internet). Does anyone know of a good place to find one?

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
You can get on off GunBroker but seems like folks are trying to make too much money on the gun auction sites lately. Some are ridiculously high while others are just high:

KAHR MK9 9mm 3 inch 7RD MICRO PISTOL LAYAWAY : Semi-auto at GunBroker.com

Your best best is to contact several reputable gun dealers in your area and have them order one.

Another option is to go to this site:

GalleryofGuns.com - Gun Genie

Fill it out and use your zipcode. See if it shows anyone with inventory. Some guns (especially popular ones) are hard to get right now so you're going to have to be patient or be willing to pay extra to buy them at Guns America or Gun Broker.

I wanted an S&W 640-1 pre-lock in a certain condition and waited nearly a year to find the right one. I paid almost what you'd pay for a new one but in the end it worked out alright becasue the one i got had a professional action job on it and it's great.

Another chance is to simpley google, Kahr MK9 for sale and see if you find one on a forum that a person is selling. I'm a bit nervous about buying guns from individuals over the web but it's one way.

By the way, I have an MK9 and it's one of my favorite guns. It's heavy enough to be enjoyable all day at the range and yet it's so compact that it makes a great carry gun. I do recommend you get the factory night sights. It's worth the extra cost and if you go to add them later, it'll end up costing you more.

Gideon

·
Registered
128 Posts
What made you decide to go with the MK9 instead of the PM9? I'm not knocking the choice as I also have an MK9, I'm just curious what factors you based your decision on.

I bought mine because I got a good deal on a used one, but if they were even money I probably would have gone with the lighter PM frame.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I chose the MK9 over the PM9 because the research that I did indicated you had about a 50/50 chance of getting a 100% functional PM9. The MK9 didn't seem to have those problems. I live with the extra weight - even though they stand behind them, I just didn't want the possible hassle. I have never been big on tactical tupperware - not a slam, just my thing.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What made you decide to go with the MK9 instead of the PM9? I'm not knocking the choice as I also have an MK9, I'm just curious what factors you based your decision on.

I bought mine because I got a good deal on a used one, but if they were even money I probably would have gone with the lighter PM frame.
I plan on carrying it iwb and I don't care about the extra weight plus I think that the SS looks better with the SS slide. The SS was about $50 more than the polymer.

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
Critique

My objection to the Tucker holster shown above is that the belt clip is fastened to the holster directly on top of the gun, making the overall package thicker than it has to be. I think the Comp-Tac 2 o'clock holster has a better design, with the belt clip offset from the gun as shown below, to provide a thinner profile.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The thing that sold me on the holster was the leather inside to protect the finish of the gun. I did like the Comp Tac though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts