Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kahr P45 VS G36

I currently own and carry a G36 when I am legal to, I was wondering if anyone has had experience with shooting the new P45 and could compare it to the Glock 36.

I really like the fact that is is over a 1/8 of an inch thinner. and smaller in both length and no taller than the G36, which by the way, I LOVE to carry. Just something about those big holes!!!!!

It seems like the Kahr would be much easier to conceal based on how much thinner it is, I just wonder how controlable it will be.

Today, I stopped at a local Sportsman's Warehouse and they had 4 or 5 different Kahrs in house. To say the least, I was really impressed, great fit and finish, sharp looking and really THIN!!!

I was looking at the P9 and the PM9 initially, but with the P45, I can get just about the same number of rounds, just bigger

Any feedback would be appreciated.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I hope I'm wrong, but as far as I know Kahr has not released the P45 yet. I also would like to see and try one.
Yep just checked the web site and it still says "shipping soon!"

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Guess I may need to be the first one on my block. Sorry guys, I was under the impression that they were out there. Although I always hate to be the first, as the new polymer Kahrs seem to be problematic as far as reliability.

·
Premium Member
20,045 Posts
I handled the P45 at the last SHOT Show and liked them. Not sure why they are not out yet. I too, would be interested in one when they actually release it....

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm not sure about the p45, but i just recently picked up a p9 and i can't put it down. it doesn't leave my side except for work. it is light enough and thin enough to carry without strain or notice. it has been accurate and reliable to date. the trigger pull is longer than the glock, but very smooth. as of today, i have no complaints about the p9 and hopefully i wont in the future. if it was a problem, i would've took the loss and traded it in gor the g19 or g23. i do have a love for glocks, but just a lil more in love with my p9.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I know a couple of the gun writers have the P45, because I've been asked to make a holster for it. However, I don't know what the availability is for the rest of us folks. :cool:

·
Administrator
143,593 Posts
Always My Pleasure!

Kahr Arms now has a .45 ACP in its polymer line of compact autoloaders. This is sure to be a popular CCW gun, weighing a scant 17 ounces, with slender proportions--reportedly only an inch thick at the grip area. Overall length will be 6.1 inches with a height from the top of the rear sight to the bottom of the grip of 4.8 inches. Two six-round stainless magazines will be supplied with each handgun. The Kahr P45 will come standard with low-profile, white bar-dot combat sights with three-dot tritium sights available as an option. www.kahr.com

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
That 17 ounce weight is amazing - hard to believe even.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I think my PM-9 needs a big brother . . . :)

·
Administrator
143,593 Posts
And To Think..........

Kahr has had the P45 in production since World War II ~ I wonder why they only decided to release it to the public now in 2005???:rofl:
Congratulations KAHR...that had to be the dumbest animation that I've ever seen in my life. :dead: It made absolutely no sense & it (for sure) didn't even relate to the P45 at all. :confused:
Bubba needs to quit smoking dope or hitting the booze bottle :1saufen: & go back to the drawing board & work up a new animation.

·
Registered
6,748 Posts
Jaltered said:
Just remember that only a Kahr P45 can kill Nazis...and Nazis carry Glocks. Well, according to Kahr's website anyways:

http://www.kahr.com/dl_anim.html
I must say that I'm NOT a "Nazi" and never will be, however, I DO carry a Glock at times, and quite a few other types of weapons
I believe this above quote is one of the most assinine statements I've seen in a long while.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
I'm a confirmed Kahr lover (as long as it's not a lame animation!).....my Kahr P9 Covert and PM9 are my two primary off-duty CCW's....I might have to get me one of those P45's when they come out!

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
rocky said:
Uh, Glock is Austrian , not German made.
Hitler was Austrian....

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Jaltered was being sarcastic.

We can conduct this thread in a civil manner, or I can start pruning.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Come on, all mah gun-lovin' brothers and sisters... I was being completely sarcastic.

If you watch the animation on Kahr's website (which many find ridiculous and offensive), you'll understand why I made the sarcastic comment I did.

My personal carry handgun is a Glock 19. I love Glocks. I hate Nazis. But the animation on Kahr's website is a direct stab at Glock, and it associates "Blocks..er...Glocks" with Nazis.

Besides being a poorly done, uninteresting animation, it's just plain stupid.

I'm realize that Kahr handguns are considered "top-shelf" firearms. I was just pointing out the ridiculous animation on Kahr's site. Their marketing team should really look into other avenues to introduce the consumer to their new P45.

And Betty is cool.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts