Defensive Carry banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyone out there who owns or at least shot all three main calibers? The PM9 (9mm), the PM40 (40sw), and the PM 45 (45acp)?? If so, can you please compare the recoil form these gunss and advise whether or not one is to be avoided? The reason I ask is I got to shoot a PM45 with some hot Ammo and man did it kick!! Keep in mind, I like the 45 round and feel it's very controllable, but I was suprised to say the least. My worry is - I cant imagine how bad the PM40 would kick?? Anyone out there get an oppertunity to compare these, at least the 40 and 45?

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
I've owned two PM9's, and I have fired the PM40. The .40 was quite a handful. Not worth the muzzle flip and loss of capacity, IMHO. You would really need to try both yourself.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I own and shoot all three. The PM9 is nothing unless you go with the Ranger T +P+. Otherwise it is really a breeze. The PM40 got to be a bit snappy and really brutal for my tastes. Hence, the PM45 came into my life and it is actually my gun of choice even over my G30sf. The fact that it has a better grip was actually a relief. The 40 was so snappy and brutal that I don't feel the 45 is bad at all!

I like them all, but I can honestly say I'd avoid the PM40 if I were selecting one to omit. Stay away from +P+ in the 9 and it is a REALLY, REALLY nice pistol to shoot. Also, my 40 was tempermental on certain brands of FMJ for range shooting. I had no issues though with any of the premium JHP that I wanted to shoot and I've shot about everything through it. I settled on the 165gr Ranger T's.

EDIT: fwiw...the 9 and 45 have shot everything and been 100% flawless in all capacities.

KCGator

1 - 4 of 4 Posts