Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that Kahr gets a bad reputation from time to time, so I wanted to post a positive review. I own a Kahr MK9 and it has been flawless since the day I bought it. I decided to buy a PM9 due to the much lower weight and for the Crimson Trace LaserGuard. I originally bought a Crimson Trace LaserGrip for my MK9, but due to the fact that I have a very early model, the grips don't fit.

Before taking the PM9 to the range, I gave it a thorough cleaning and lubed it very well. I racked the slide about 150 times to help speed things up. Installed the LaserGuard in just a few minutes and went to the range.

Shot about 200 Speer 115 grain TMJ without any issues at all. It took me about 25 rounds to correct some bad targetting and shooting habits. I was anticipating the recoil too much and kept on aiming the gun too low. I was all over the place. After calming down and adjusting the way I shot, everything was much better. I started shooting 2-3" groups at 25' and surprisingly well at 50'. I love the Crimson Trace now. Picture from 50' attached. I had a few shots that went out of the group from not keeping steady, but I think it will only get better with practice. Definitely more accurate than I ever dared hope from such a small gun.

Recoil was not as bad as I thought it was going to be, but definitely more than the all steel MK9. I defensive rounds from Federal (135 grain Personal Defense) and Speer (124 grain +P Short Barrel). They both were vey accurate. My hand was a little sore after the session. Now I'm just waiting on a Crossbreed MiniTuck to come in... and Crimson Trace to make a LaserGuard for my Kahr P380.

Attachments

·
Registered
213 Posts
Kahr makes an excellent pistol. I have never had a bit of trouble with mine. They do take some practice to get used to shooting such a small 9mm, but once you get it down, it provides alot of comfort in a small package on your side.

Glad you like it

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Sounds like a great day at the range... Glad you like your new Kahr...I've got a CW9 and think it's one of the best buys on the market right now...

·
Registered
61 Posts
I love my PM9, although my hand definitely hurts after a long range session (200 rds or so). It's not the recoil, but the serrations on the grip that tear me up. :embarassed:

No delicate hand jokes. :wink:

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
You pretty much just have to follow Kahr's recommendations to the letter on thsoe little guns, and they will run pretty flawless.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Slight thread drift:

Wasabi, thanks for the suggestion. I did a quick search but didn't find any pictures of it installed on a PM9. Have any? :hand10:

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Kahr makes an excellent pistol. I have never had a bit of trouble with mine.
Same here, both my PM9 and CW40 have been flawless, and great performers. Very well made handguns.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
I had a few misfeeds in the first 50 rounds. After that, flawless.
I am amused at all the "I hate Kahr" threads. I suspect the 99% of happy owners don't post on forums.

My PM-9 has been replaced with my Sig P-238 though. What a great small gun!

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I love my PM9, although my hand definitely hurts after a long range session (200 rds or so). It's not the recoil, but the serrations on the grip that tear me up. :embarassed:
- Same here. I actually had imprints of the back of the grip on my palm for a while.

No delicate hand jokes. :wink:
- I work in an office all day, so my hands aren't exactly callused either. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts