Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't get one. I was working at the range today, and one of the SGTs had his out there. He asked me to run some rounds through it.

This one had a stainless slide with a dovetailed in front sight.

·
Premium Member
20,045 Posts
I really like the Kahr and have pretty much settled on that being my backup gun when I can squeak it by my wife. I am thinking of the K4044. They are from everything I hear great guns.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I considered one before spending the money on a S&W 642 and 4013. I tried this one in my pocket today. It fit better than the 642, but it was harder to draw out of the pocket. One of these babies in a vest holster would be a great BUG!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
I really like my PM9. It's much more pleasant to shoot than my S&W 638 and I shoot it better. Mine doesn't like reloads though.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I have the Kahr P9 with blackened stainless slide and night sights. It's been flawless since I got it and is scarry accurate! It's as accurate as any weapon I own. It fit's me perfectly and is less than an inch wide so it's flat and conceals easily. I chose the P9 over the PM9 to get a full three finger grip. Mine cost me $700 with the tungsten coated slide and night sights but it's a fine weapon. I use it as my primary carry. Some would think it small but I can not comfortably conceal anything larger unless I can buy a small frame .45 or something like that. I do have a springfield mil spec .45 that I throroughly enjoy shooting but I could never conceal it comfortably or well unless I use it in the winter with heavier/bulky clothes. But it sure if fun to shoot!

·
Administrator
143,599 Posts
Good Kahr Reading

BTW there is some really good KAHR reading material contained in the link that CombatEffective posted. If you scroll down & click on the PM series & read the product reviews as follows:
Product Reviews
• CARRYIN' KAHRS
• Kahr Arms PM9
• Test Driving Kahr’s Luxury Compact 9mm
• Kahr's PM9
• Kahr PM9 Micro-Compact Pistol
• New Kahr PM9 9mm
• Perfect Pocket Protection

·
Registered
310 Posts
The PM9 is the second-most popular gun that I make holsters for. It's small, thin, compact. I also have the P9 Covert - same gun as the P9, just has the shorter PM9 grip.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
I have yet to shoot one - odd, all this time and never gotten my sweaty palms on a sample!!!

I do hear on balance, a lotta good feedback - certainly plenty of folks like 'em.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts