1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From NRA-ILA:

Posted on Thu, Mar. 09, 2006
Concealed carry bill clears panel

The proposed law would allow appropriately screened individuals to carry weapons, with some exceptions.

TOPEKA -- A measure allowing Kansans to obtain a permit to carry a concealed weapon was approved Wednesday by the House Federal and State Affairs Committee.

That vote clears the way for debate by the full House. The Senate has already approved the bill.

The bill would allow Kansans over 21 who pass a background check and undergo training to carry a concealed handgun in public. Convicted felons, or those with a criminal history of drug use, domestic violence or multiple DUIs, would be barred.

The House committee added several exemptions Wednesday that were not in the Senate version. Under the House version, permit holders would not be able to carry a concealed weapon into public libraries, preschools or day care centers, churches and temples.

Rep. Candy Ruff, D-Leavenworth, said she believed supporters were close to garnering the 84 votes to successfully override a possible veto by Gov. Kathleen Sebelius. The measure passed in the Senate with enough votes to override a veto.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
R&G - glad you posted this and the OH info - I got notification and was going to post otherwise.

This sounds reasonably OK tho as ever exceptions get thrown in. The poor prospect for a vito is most encouraging. I shall be hoping for success.

·
Registered
90 Posts
At least its a step in the right direction, and I wouldn't have to disarm when I go into KS.

·
Registered
39 Posts
rwmorrisonjr said:
At least its a step in the right direction, and I wouldn't have to disarm when I go into KS.
My thoughts exactly - depending on what other state permits they choose to recognize. I'll be happy for them wether I'm able to carry there or not. Hope this one makes it through - not the first time they've tried.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts