Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
6,744 Posts
It is always hard for me to believe that those birds are nearly as old as I am.

I guess we can have our own flyover here on DC....

b-52s-over-pacific-c-usafairman-1st-class-gerald_78773.jpg

And watch them taxi back to the flight line....

B-52H_bomber_tail_number_60-053.jpg

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
GSC used to be SAC. I grew up 15 miles from a SAC base. B52's flew overhead daily. When Desert Storm was prepping, B52's were in nonstop patterns. The runway was over 12,000 feet. Yes, you could get a workout jogging it one way. It was an emergency landing site for the space shuttle.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
We had a 52 flyover a few months ago. It was almost like the plane was moving in slow motion. A gigantic dinosaur of a plane flying somewhat low altitude. Turned out it was headed for an air show about 60 miles away and I guess they were already on their glide path towards landing.
Chinooks flyover regularly though, usually in groups of two or three, about once a month, headed from the SE to the NW towards Fort Worth. I think there's still a base of some sort over there somewhere but not sure. Those things stir up a lot of noise!

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We had a 52 flyover a few months ago. It was almost like the plane was moving in slow motion. A gigantic dinosaur of a plane flying somewhat low altitude. Turned out it was headed for an air show about 60 miles away and I guess they were already on their glide path towards landing.
Chinooks flyover regularly though, usually in groups of two or three, about once a month, headed from the SE to the NW towards Fort Worth. I think there's still a base of some sort over there somewhere but not sure. Those things stir up a lot of noise!
NAS Joint Reserve Base Fort Worth,
Part of the old Carswell Field still in operation.

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
Low cloud cover and I live far from large urban areas. Unlikely to see them unfortunately.

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
I love seeing these fly overs, except for the time I was working when they flew a B-1 Bomber over Manhattan in the mid 90's. It flew low from North to South over Manhattan and the noise from the B-1 set off every car and burglar alarm around. We spent the rest of the day responding to the false burglary alarms.---Sturgis

·
Registered
601 Posts
The Navy Blue Angels and the Air Force Thunderbirds are doing flyovers to honor the first responders. Tomorrow, they're doing a flyover in the D. C. area.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
A few million here and a few million there, and pretty soon you're talking about real money!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts