Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched for it and have yet to fnd this specific subject on here.
I'm new to ccw and I've yet to try it but how do you keep good control of your pistol when nature calls and you find yourself sitting down talking to a man about a dog.
I mean not only do I want my gun on that at times nasty floor but I don't want it falling out and sliding out of reach.
And, also, I don't want to get pointed out. "Dude's got a gun!!!"

Y'alls experience...

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Dont tap your foot while in the stall.

Other than that, it has been discussed quite often, so I will sit out on this one and eat some :popcorn:

·
Registered
568 Posts
Just did this exersize this evening after a trip to the Chinese Buffet with the fam...been there done that a number of times.

I have yet to find a restroom where I could not either set it on the TP dispenser, back of toilet or the child changing station.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Keeping control in a public restroom

I thought the idea in any restroom was to lose "control".

·
Registered
448 Posts
With a good IWB holster like the Crossbreed Supertuck or C-Tac Mtac, it's easy. There are a couple techniques or styles, some more reliable than others. I prefer after dropping trousers to deftly hook the elastic waistband of my shorts over the grip of my pistol. Then take a seat. This keeps the pistol both in the holster and against my leg. Most problems seem to happen when the pistol/holster flop sideways and the pistol falls out. My technique, borne of years of intense practice and study at the porcelain desk, has never failed to protect my secret. One tip though: do not over-lube your pistol unless you like your shorts saturated with gun oil.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Hang it Up!

Simple ... hang it up. Any stall I've used (at office or airport) has a coat/hat hook somewhere within the stall, usually on the inside of the door. Once behind closed doors, I unholster first thing & hang the gun on the hook using the trigger guard. Once all paperwork is properly completed & filed :rofl:, then re-holster as last step before exiting stall.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Simple ... hang it up. Any stall I've used (at office or airport) has a coat/hat hook somewhere within the stall, usually on the inside of the door. Once behind closed doors, I unholster first thing & hang the gun on the hook using the trigger guard, then re-holster as last step before exiting stall.
Seems liked a recipe for disaster to me, I would never put any object through the trigger guard except my finger when ready to fire. Supposed someone bangs on the door hard enough to dislodge the gun from the hook? Too many things can go wrong with that method.

BTW I have had people bang or rattle the door quite hard when they are impatient. JMHO

·
Registered
139 Posts
If whatever place you are at has a family restroom,that works out well.
You don't have to worry about anyone else being in there. Just be sure
you lock the door on your way in.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
as a general rule, I avoid the mass bathrooms except to take a leak.
my home or the single stall work bathroom are the only options I use.

If I was stuck and had to use one of the cattle stalls, keeping my gun in the holster is the only viable option. just do not drop your pants so far to be seen below the walls. if your gun will slip out of your holster then you need a better holster. Do remember that in holsters, you do get what you pay for. UPGRADE!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Leave your gun belt fastened, but loosened far enough that a little outward pressure with the knees or dare I say....a wide stance, will keep the waistline of your pants and holstered gun higher than the bottom of the door.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
With a good IWB holster like the Crossbreed Supertuck or C-Tac Mtac, it's easy.
+1

If your gun will slip out of your holster then you need a better holster. Do remember that in holsters, you do get what you pay for. UPGRADE!
Couldn't agree more.

My experience is that if your holster has proper retention, the gun should not jump out simply because you lowered your trousers.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Shoulder Holster. IMHO removing your gun from the holster in a "public" area is asking for a ND and putting others at severe risk. When I have used a belt holster, if the gun needs to be removed the holster goes with it. At home in the evening, wiping down and checking the gun under controlled conditions is different.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
A ND happened at a business where I worked in high school that involved hanging a gun on the hat hook. It was a 1911 and fired two rounds into the ceiling. No injuries, concrete block garage building.

·
Banned
2,095 Posts
as a general rule, I avoid the mass bathrooms except to take a leak.
my home or the single stall work bathroom are the only options I use.
Geez, I was taught a good union man never takes a dump at home. :wink:

·
Super Moderator
50,597 Posts
My gun never leaves my body. I may unholster, put the gun in 'dropped' drawers...then reholster and get on my way. There have been too many threads of guns left behind...and you cannot forget your gun if the gun is never separated from you.OMO

1 - 20 of 53 Posts