Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm at one of our other branches today, in Arizona. A bunch of the guys here were explaining to me how Arizona was a right to carry state and how they all had their permits. I just responded, "That works for me."

I didn't want to say, "Me too!!" and have word get back around to my branch. Nor did I want to expose how much I knew about their law, like the fact that they'll finally be let into restaurants that server alcohol on September 30, because no one from out of state would know that unless they had a reason to stay up to date.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Not a bad idea. Not something I like general acquaintances knowing about. People talk.

·
Super Moderator
50,583 Posts
Good response, "Works for me, too!":image035:

·
Registered
602 Posts
I'm at one of our other branches today, in Arizona. A bunch of the guys here were explaining to me how Arizona was a right to carry state and how they all had their permits. I just responded, "That works for me."

I didn't want to say, "Me too!!" and have word get back around to my branch. Nor did I want to expose how much I knew about their law, like the fact that they'll finally be let into restaurants that server alcohol on September 30, because no one from out of state would know that unless they had a reason to stay up to date.
Branches???....Maybe I'm having a senior moment MountainPacker but I don't understand what you are talking about........ Can you break it down for the old folks........ :wave::wave::wave:

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
You did the best thing you could...

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
Tis hard sometimes but you very did well! :wink:

·
Premium Member
10,047 Posts
:hand10:

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Exactly concealed carry means for me don't let people know you have a gun. It's the same reason I don't OC.

·
Registered
749 Posts
No one knows I carry a handgun except my father. He is like me, he keeps his mouth closed. I have two very close friends, we have been friends since kindergarten. One of those friends has a brother on crack, when I go over to their house he(crackhead) tells me stories all the time of how some of the pplz he knows go about robbing and hitting pplz in the head.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
That's the best thing to do IMO. CC is a very personal thing and as such should be protected at all cost by the individual. If unsure how it'll be looked at or thought of by your peers. Best thing to do is play quasi neutral opinion and keep the sights off of you.:smoke23:

·
Registered
797 Posts
Branches???....Maybe I'm having a senior moment MountainPacker but I don't understand what you are talking about........ Can you break it down for the old folks........ :wave::wave::wave:
I am sure he refers to a branch location of his employer. Some would call that a store but in many industries individual locations are called branches.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
See my sig below ... to me, it includes the pie hole too. Never tell.

·
Registered
835 Posts
A bunch of the guys here were explaining to me how Arizona was a right to carry state and how they all had their permits. . . . I didn't want to say, "Me too!!"
Oh, but it is so tempting to say "Me too." The "Me too" should be revealed only to the closest family and closest trusted friends, and not to some co-workers in another city.

"Ya done good!"

·
Banned
464 Posts

Exactly!

Nobody must know that we are silently moving through society as guardians of the flock of sheeple.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Good response. I completely agree with keeping it quiet.

I had a similar situation at work recently where I handed a guy my phone to see a picture and he ended up seeing a pic of one of my guns. He asked if I had my CCW. I just replied "why?". Then he started talking about recent robberies in the area and the conversation went on without ever going back to his question. :image035:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts