Defensive Carry banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
I use one holster , A MTAC for 17 years with a 1911 kydex body on it when I bought it but when I bought a P320 compact few holsters were around and Comp-Tac only had a P250c body so I tried it with my P320 compact I just bought . That was almost 6 years ago . The P250c body work well for my P320c . Then I tried it other pistols I have like M&P 4.25 then I notched the front edge of the kydex so a M&P CORE 4.25 fit too and thanks to the flexible leather back half it works well enought for my 1911 commander , kimber ultra and s&w 669 worked well . Just need to snug up the belt a bit more for them skinny pistols .

·
Premium Member
7,255 Posts
I wish I had marked some of the old Kydex holsters I bought years ago, both with the gun model and the manufacturer. Trying to remember the what/where of a suddenly rediscovered holster is very frustrating. Like some other folks, if I have two guns that are similar but won't fit in the same holster and if it is Kydex, I will order one in black and one in another color.

I have one molded leather holster OWB and also one Kydex IWB made for a gun I no longer have, but it fits two guns that I have now and that makes me happy. Not a perfect fit, but those two are not carry guns. For a carry gun I want a holster that is truly exact and has very good retention.....as we all do, I think.

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
As my holster collection grows I’m thinking about how I want to mark them to know which goes with what firearm. How do you do it?
*One bin for the BHP
*One bin for Commander-sir 1911s
*One bin for full-size 1911s and other holsters

Reactions: msgt/ret
21 - 24 of 24 Posts