Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:smile:
With a portion of my tax return, I decided to purchase something I've been needing for a while, which is a BUG, or "everywhere" carry. Until now, I've been carrying my G22 or G21 everywhere. While comforting, it's been a challenge. With my job, it's simply not very easy to carry that much gun, what with the bending, lifting, twisting and crouching.
So, I went and picked up a P-11 today. I hope to run a few hundred rounds through it on Sunday. Seems like a great little gun so far. Very solid, much sturdier feeling than I'd expected for the size.
I picked up a S&W 12 rounder as a spare mag. Now I just need a good holster, and I'm in business.
:danceban:
:banana:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Hey Fjol' - long time no see!!!

Sounds good and I must say that is the one KT semi I could well be tempted to get one day. I had a good look at one belonging to Markus on THR, at a shoot out east a ways back - felt very good and seems performance is very reliable.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
45 Posts
P-11

Good luck with your new purchase. It's got a long trigger pull so practice is a must.

Just put about 80 rds through my P-11 using my new Kel-Tec 12 rd mag. I've had it an carried it daily for about 5 years. The P-11 and new mag both functioned perfectly. I had no trouble keeping all rds in the center of a silouette target at 25 or more feet in rapid fire. I am now carrying 13 rds of WW Silvertip in my right front pocket holster (the holster has a non-print panel. This works well in Docker style pants, but not in jeans. P3AT for jeans). I feel very secure.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Shoulda waited to see kel-tecs new 9mm. A llighter slimmer version. And I hear the trigger is alot better than the p-11. A cross between the p-11 and the p3at triggers. I might take a look at one of those when they come out this summer. Good luck with your p-11 i hear they are good guns also.

Sixgun

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought about the new Kel Tec 9mm, but I decided the slight reduction in size wasn't worth the loss of round capacity to me. I haven't decided yet if I like the long trigger pull. I've heard them described as gritty, but mine isn't. We'll see, once I've fired it. I've been looking at holsters, and I think I've narrowed it down to the Comptac CTAC, with a Don Hume clipon IWB for home. Funny, I only paid $255 for the gun, my holster cost will go over $100.:haha:
Anybody have suggestions for good ammo with this short barrel? I've picked up some Hornady Tap for it, but I really would appreciate advice. I'm used to .45 and .40, so this puny 9mm has me a bit perplexed. I'd like to wring all the performance I can out of this childsized round.:spankme: :banana:

·
Registered
45 Posts
[Anybody have suggestions for good ammo with this short barrel?

Winchester Silvertips have functioned perfectly in mine for over 5 yrs. Just bought another box today.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Those P11's seem like decent guns, but the compact 9mm role has been filled in my collection by two Kahr 9mm's.

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
Got one and I love it. It will shoot just about anything that I feed it. I carry Federal Hydro Shok ammo. Also the Silvertips ammo does well in the P11. Go to the KTOG.org site for more information on the P11 and other Kel-Tec gun. Don't worry about a holster get the belt clip that KT has made for the gun. It work well and I have not had any problems with the belt clip.

frankmako

·
Registered
813 Posts
I believe there is a good thread on this site for HP 9mm options. Congrats on the new gun.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I really like my P-11. I second the belt clip from Kel-Tec. It is much slimmer than two layers of leather. Easier to don than a holster. I just tuck the pistol inside my jeans with the clip over the top of the jeans and under the belt. If you slide the clip through the 3 oclock belt loop front to back it even gives the gun nice forward cant.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts