Defensive Carry banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i played hookey form werk yesterday and my dad came out and we shot for a while. was sunny and low 50's ...perfect shooting weather.:danceban:
he brought his kel-tech as i'd never shot one and he fired my 2 1911's, he'd never fired mine and his last handling of a 1911 for him woulda been in the army some 40 years ago.

he really liked the 1911's. felt good to him and he shot them well also.
but boy what a change for me going from 1911's and other da/sa autos. that kel-tech was a revolver in auto clothing. that loooong DA trigger..even longer pull than my revolvers probably. i can't see how anybody would carry one of them (and be proficient at hitting yer mark). nice light package and it shot ok i just couldn't get used to that trigger pull.:frown:
a back-up gun, super close range, i guess.

·
Registered
932 Posts
You hit the nail on the head when you said DAO pistols are revolvers that only look like auto pistols. If you are the least bit interested in the P11, check out the SKYY CPX1. Almost identical gun, only a bit better on fit and finish and a MUCH better, smoother trigger.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
rachilders said:
You hit the nail on the head when you said DAO pistols are revolvers that only look like auto pistols. If you are the least bit interested in the P11, check out the SKYY CPX1. Almost identical gun, only a bit better on fit and finish and a MUCH better, smoother trigger.
Yup, the trigger pull is LONNNNNNNNNNNNG, but they do work pretty efficently:biggrin2:
Still looking to seee one of those Skyys

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
I looked at both said pistols and decided the skyy had a better and smoother trigger. The skyy just fit my hand better than the kt. The skyys trigger is consistant from start to finish and the kt just seemed to get heavier and pinched my fingers just my .02 cents worth. Sixgun

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I sure didnt find the kel-tech pleasurable to shoot.
my dad left it for me to shoot "at my leisure" but it'll be safe and sound locked away in the gun safe cuz i ain't gonna shoot it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts