Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
38,990 Posts
50+1 always. You never know when only 50 won't get the job done.

·
Premium Member
35,157 Posts
Ammo is still available:

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
It is a homage to the guns of the 80s like the Calico etc ..I think it is a very cool idea one that takes make use of the compact natuter of the p90 mag system .

Ammo can be come and go esp as the good stuff ie red box is very pricy

Reactions: wdbailey

·
Premium Member
7,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ammo is still available:

Ninety bucks to load the magazine on budget ammo.

Too bad one must shoot 500 rounds without failure through a semi-auto before one can have confidence in it.

Reactions: Bad Bob

·
Premium Member
35,157 Posts
Ninety bucks to load the magazine on budget ammo.

Too bad one must shoot 500 rounds without failure through a semi-auto before one can have confidence in it.
"Make every shot count" has gone full circle, meaning exactly what it meant in the first place.

·
Registered
4,904 Posts

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
This is good new any new 5.7 is good as this finnaly push ammo makers to make good ammo for it lol.. Gold dot is now making HP ammo for which ..This is sorly needed as most current ammo is either weak FMJ or "sporting " round that is about the same ..The red box stuff is about the only great option for SD for a while ( at least one that could easily be bought as it was not AP ammo) and it was still LEO only ( not legal issues just FN being FN lol ) ...

Rember 5.7 was made for PDW weapons expressly to go though USSR CRISAT armor in the 80s ...So it takes a little bit of tinkering to make a good SD civil legal round for it imop as the org round was again made as a pure FMJ very harden core AP round

Reactions: wdbailey

·
Registered
133 Posts
For those that have a "truck gun", this wouldn't be a bad choice if it functions well. However, 5.7 ammo prices, even in good times, is fairly expensive.

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
18,151 Posts
I had an FN 5.7 pistol with 30 round magazines and an AR-5.7 rifle with the 50 round magazines before Sandy Hook. They were fun range toys. The civilian available ammo has about the same muzzle energy as a .38 special out of a revolver. The only saving grace is it penetrates like an icepick. Right after Sandy Hook, I got an offer I couldn't refuse.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts