Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have one on there keltec? How do you like it, is it worth it. Don't have any experience with laser sights. I was checking out my dads new LCP last night and he put a crimson laser grip on it, I wouldn't want it on a full size pistol but it's kinda nice on a little pocket rocket. What do you think, are they accurate?

I realise this question has been and is asked a lot but I'm not asking weather or not you like lasers or not. I'm just wondering specifically for the pf9.

·
Banned
1,438 Posts
i think it wouldn't hurt. i had a P3AT, and if i'd kept it, i might've gotten around to getting a laser for it. the PF9 is plenty accurate on it's own; a laser would only enhance it. the only problem i foresee is getting a holster to fit it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I replaced my .380 with a PF9 several months ago. Wasn't comfortable with the .380 round so the PF9 filled the slot. The first day on the range I had several failures to eject. Tightened the external tension bar and it has run smooth ever since. Don't carry it much (prefer a 1911) but when my apparel dictates a smaller gun, I have confidence in my PF9. Not the most accurate thing in my collection, but at seven to ten yards it's a good point an shoot weapon. For the money, a good buy.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I'd be interested in the same question . Just got a PF9 last month and love it but as far as night sights go they are non existent.

·
Super Moderator
18,108 Posts
I dont think they have been made for the PF9 yet.

Since the PF9 has a grip that is molded into the frame, it'd have to ba an add on much like the one that they build for the Glock. It took years for them to do it for the Glock which has been around for 20+ years and it hasnt been that long that they even made them for the Glock.

I dont see them getting in a rush for the PF9 any time soon.
I could be wrong though.

·
Super Moderator
18,108 Posts
Thankyou for that Adkjoe...

I knew if I made a statement someone would prove me wrong...:rofl:

I like that better than the "glock mount" style. That looks pretty secure mounting around the trigger guard like that and the price isnt half bad ethier. I guess they though they had the demand to justify it. Looks good.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:smile: I didn't know they made it until today. I was visiting my parents in NY and my dad just got one for his LCP. The one for the Keltec mounts the same way, around the trigger guard.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I replaced my .380 with a PF9 several months ago. Wasn't comfortable with the .380 round so the PF9 filled the slot. The first day on the range I had several failures to eject. Tightened the external tension bar and it has run smooth ever since. Don't carry it much (prefer a 1911) but when my apparel dictates a smaller gun, I have confidence in my PF9. Not the most accurate thing in my collection, but at seven to ten yards it's a good point an shoot weapon. For the money, a good buy.
Coop, you lost me there. What is the external tension bar? You talkin' about the flat extractor spring under the button screw? If so, better put some loctite on it. It also holds the firing pin in the channel.

I know, I thought torquing it down was good enough until I noticed my pin was "gone with the wind."

1 - 11 of 11 Posts