Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Looking for an IWB holster for the PF9, that will fit the following requirements:
- IWB
- Thin/light (for example, my favorite G26 holster - RM LowRider - would be a bit too thick for what I want to have for PF9)
- Adjustable cant (or FBI cant)
- Low riding
- Having an offset clip would be nice, but is not a must
- *not* Supertuck (or Kholster for that matter). While I loved the quality and the service, this particular type of holster just isn't for me (I'd consider other Crossbreed options - wonder if MicroClip would work)
- reasonable wait time. I'm too impatient to wait for 3 months for holster to arrive ;-)

Any ideas, and especially, pictures are greatly appreciated

Thanks,
- Alex

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I'm currently looking for a holster also for a PF9. Giving your requirements I'd look at HighNoon or Fist holsters.

Myself I'm thinking of the Fist #4 J-hook or the Highnoon Split Decision.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Hi everyone,

Looking for an IWB holster for the PF9, that will fit the following requirements:
- IWB
- Thin/light (for example, my favorite G26 holster - RM LowRider - would be a bit too thick for what I want to have for PF9)
- Adjustable cant (or FBI cant)
- Low riding
- Having an offset clip would be nice, but is not a must
- *not* Supertuck (or Kholster for that matter). While I loved the quality and the service, this particular type of holster just isn't for me (I'd consider other Crossbreed options - wonder if MicroClip would work)
- reasonable wait time. I'm too impatient to wait for 3 months for holster to arrive ;-)

Any ideas, and especially, pictures are greatly appreciated

Thanks,
- Alex
Try HBE Specialty Leatherworks . . . I just got this one for my PF9.

Attachments

·
Registered
399 Posts
That's the one that I got to get me through my class, and so far I'm actually pretty happy with it. First time ever trying to draw from it, I got about <2 seconds untucked and about 2.5 seconds tucked. (Definitely will improve that with some practice) And it's actually rather comfortable. I was surprised, given how cheap it is.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone! All of these look good (albeit HBE is a tad expensive). Split Decision is definitely something I want to try -- though ideally I'd like a cross between it and Hidden Ally: with cant, but also low riding. I wonder if folks at HighNoon would consider something like it.
I consider Fist holsters every time, but find their product line/website extremely confusing. May try #1 in thin kydex or leather, though.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Thanks everyone! All of these look good (albeit HBE is a tad expensive). Split Decision is definitely something I want to try -- though ideally I'd like a cross between it and Hidden Ally: with cant, but also low riding. I wonder if folks at HighNoon would consider something like it.
I consider Fist holsters every time, but find their product line/website extremely confusing. May try #1 in thin kydex or leather, though.
Agreed, HBE is a bit expensive but quality counts and I guarantee the holster I purchased will last a lifetime. The fit is great and the workmanship is top of the line. Remember, Quality is worth a few bucks more.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Have you considered making your own? I just finished a supertuckish holster for a glock27 for about $30.00 and an afternoon of work.....That way any thing you made would be exactly to your specs....

·
Registered
829 Posts
try the small ace case ambidex one which says it fits 32/380, since your post I have been using it with my pf9 and it gives suitable cant, I also use it with my 32, 380 and 1911, rides a little higher and cant 10 dollars too!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ordered an Ace Case ... for $16 shipped worth trying. If that doesn't work, I think Fist will be the next try.
As far as making my own ... unfortunately the hands grow out of a wrong place to achieve something usable ;-)

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I've about decided on a High Noon to get me started and then if it passes the reliablity tests I will be looking at Fist, Grandfatheroak, or SideGuard Holsters.

There is nothing like good quality leather, and I just like the looks of the kydex from grandfatheroak.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I've about decided on a High Noon to get me started and then if it passes the reliablity tests I will be looking at Fist, Grandfatheroak, or SideGuard Holsters.

There is nothing like good quality leather, and I just like the looks of the kydex from grandfatheroak.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts