Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has dealt with Kentucky Gun Company? Not really sure this is an issue at all yet and I am going to call them later this morning to ask the question but thought I'd ask here as well.
I bought a gun on Monday and there was a little mix up that was at least partially my fault but that was resolved and the gun shipped yesterday (Wed).
My question is that on the invoice they sent me everything look good except that the order number had changed and was different from my original order number, it was even a different format.
Just wondering if any of you have seen anything like this from them?
I don't like buying guns online and rarely do but my LGS couldn't find this on so I found it online.

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
So other than the different order number, which may have changed due to whatever your mix up was, was there some other issue? Card charged properly? Did they ship the correct product? Sometimes order numbers and invoice numbers are different depending on the billing system used. KY Gun is one of the most popular online retailers out there. I'm not dure what there is to worry about.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not really overly worried just curious at this point, everything looks ok except that, curiously I haven't seen it post to my credit card yet.
I've developed fulfillment software for a number of large companies over the years and I've never seen an order number change and I've had bad experiences in the past with online gun sellers so I'm perhaps over cautious and want to head off any possible issue as soon as I see them.
So far Kentucky Gun Co has been great and I expect they will be able to explain this, I'll know in an hour or so.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
I would see what happens when the gun arrives. Then you can call from the dealer it was sent to.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I live 40 miles from them and have purchased several firearms from them. Always topnotch and professional. I suspect your issue is an administrative issue with their business model and that everything will work out as it should. I think you'll find them accommodating and service oriented. I'd be surprised otherwise and would love to know if things do get "shady" in any way.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I live 40 miles from them and have purchased several firearms from them. Always topnotch and professional. I suspect your issue is an administrative issue with their business model and that everything will work out as it should. I think you'll find them accommodating and service oriented. I'd be surprised otherwise and would love to know if things do get "shady" in any way.
I suspect you are correct and will wait and see what happens, their support staff has be helpful so we'll see. It should be here on Sat I think, USPS seems to be sitting on their butts with it in Louisville at the moment but I won't even go into what I think of USPS it would take to long.

·
Premium Member
1,731 Posts
Changing PO #'s is no big deal - it might be easier to create a new order and cancel the old one rather than edit the original order in their system - that happened to me with Brownells. They told me once an order gets to a certain point in their system, they cannot change them so they have to cancel and create a new one...so it could be a similar situation with KGC.

The weird thing to me is that they shipped the gun w/o charging your card - that never happens.

Regardless, hang tight and see how things shake out on Saturday.

Kentucky Guns is a popular seller and I have never personally had an issue and regard them as "good to go".

Let us know how everything turns out.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I've bought a pistol from them in the past and had it shipped to my local FFL. Everything went very smoothly with zero issues. I'd assume the order number change is based on the correction that was made and is a non-issue. Enjoy your new gun.

·
Banned
3,119 Posts
They likely created a new order and deleted your old one. If you made an account with them, you should be able to verify this via their site....

I've purchased from them several times. Good prices, everything came as described, but I found their customer service to be rude. I mistakenly entered in the wrong FFL, emailed them to have them update it, they assured me that they did, I saw a note was added to my order reflecting the change, but they still shipped to the original FFL. They ignored me and blew me off when I contacted them about it... With that said, I've ordered from them since that happened because they had the best price, and everything went OK...

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK guys, wasn't to concerned but was to curious to let it go so I called and talked to them. The order number wasn't changed, it seems when you order online you don't actually get an order number you get a reference number that refers to the order number and the reference number is what shows up in your online account as well not the actual order number, the first time I saw the actual order number is when they emailed the invoice to me, makes no sense to me but it's their system so that's the way it is. It seems I'm not the first time they have had a call about this, they get called a lot according to the lady I talked to.
So at any rate all's well that ends well, that is if USPS ever gets the shipment out of Louisville where it's been sitting for about 20 hours now.

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
OK guys, wasn't to concerned but was to curious to let it go so I called and talked to them. The order number wasn't changed, it seems when you order online you don't actually get an order number you get a reference number that refers to the order number and the reference number is what shows up in your online account as well not the actual order number, the first time I saw the actual order number is when they emailed the invoice to me, makes no sense to me but it's their system so that's the way it is. It seems I'm not the first time they have had a call about this, they get called a lot according to the lady I talked to.
So at any rate all's well that ends well, that is if USPS ever gets the shipment out of Louisville where it's been sitting for about 20 hours now.
Good to hear.

Don't feel too bad about the delay. Last week I had an item get stuck at a USPS hub in FL for 4 days with no explanation. With yours coming Priority Mail, they may just be waiting for the right plane to load it on.

·
Banned
145 Posts
I love buying guns online. I can browse them from home at 2am and place the order and have the gun in 2-3 days at a substantial savings. Plus I do not have to settle for what my small local gun store has. I am always settling instead of getting exactly what I want. I bougth about 30 guns online in the last 5 years and some of them came from The Kentucky Gun Company. They seem slower to ship than some other places but they are a good company to buy from. I would not worry at all. Remember that unless you take possession of the gun at your FFL, it is not yours. So if they send the wrong gun, inform your FFL of it and he will send it back to them. Then you can iron out the problem. Also buy using a credit card because you can always dispute the charges if you are sent the wrong thing. I have had broken and wrong items sent to me and the stores I got them wanted me to pay to return them. I returned them and then disputed the charges. The credit card companies take your side and as I found out, if the charge is less than $50, they will just credit your account as it is not worth the cost to fight the seller.

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
I have used them twice. Positive experience.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good to hear.

Don't feel too bad about the delay. Last week I had an item get stuck at a USPS hub in FL for 4 days with no explanation. With yours coming Priority Mail, they may just be waiting for the right plane to load it on.
Actually considering the USPS update expected delivery from Fri to Mon I think they are waiting for the next pack mule.

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
I agree at this point, no issues with Kygunco, my issues now is with USPS but that is to be expected in my experience.
Just add 3-5 days to delivery time and all will be fine

1 - 16 of 16 Posts