Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped to clear debris left on off ramp. Shot to death, no time to draw his service weapon.

Small town cop, doin' the job...

Set up for murder...

Shame what goes on nowadays...

Story: http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=19265234

Yeah, I got tapatalk, too. So what?

·
Registered
10,856 Posts
The last two sentences from the article;

"I can assure you we won't give up on this person until we have him either in custody or in the front side of one of our weapons and I personally hope the latter is the choice," said Chief McCubbin.

Ellis was a seven-year veteran of the Bardstown Police Department and is the first officer killed in the line of the duty for this small agency, located about 40 miles south of Louisville. Ellis leaves behind his wife and two sons.

end.

God bless chief McCubbin, and officer Ellis' family.

P.S.

I hope the chief gets his wish.

·
Registered
7,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The last two sentences from the article;

"I can assure you we won't give up on this person until we have him either in custody or in the front side of one of our weapons and I personally hope the latter is the choice," said Chief McCubbin.

Ellis was a seven-year veteran of the Bardstown Police Department and is the first officer killed in the line of the duty for this small agency, located about 40 miles south of Louisville. Ellis leaves behind his wife and two sons.

end.

God bless chief McCubbin, and officer Ellis' family.

P.S.

I hope the chief gets his wish.
And, furthermore, I'll correct the reporter's misspelling... "Front sight"... Make that front sights! Just like Bonnie & Clyde.

Yeah, I got tapatalk, too. So what?

·
Registered
680 Posts
The house is settled for the night. A young woman sits at the table staring blankly into a cup of tea as its steam slowly rises. She hears a car door shut on the street. She starts to turn but realizes he is not coming home that night. Earlier while readying her children for bed, she told them that God needed their father to help him in heaven. Daddy's job had been helping people. As she turned to her cup she felt his hand on her shoulder, stroking it in his familiar way. She closed her eyes and started to ask God why he had taken her husband when she heard his voice whisper, "God really does need me. Don't be afraid, don't be sad. God needs me like I always needed you. My love will endure forever, that's why God needed me, so I can love you forever."
She sat for a moment, head hanging, tears dripping into her cup. She heard the car door shut, the engine start, and the car drive away. She heard his voice once again saying "God needs me."
Good night Officer Ellis.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Evil exists in this world. This proves it.

Prayers for his family.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Just heard about this earlier today on the radio . . . just horrible. I hope the chief gets his wish as well, and that there is a hell hot enough.

·
Super Moderator
17,029 Posts
That is really scary, if they are willing to target an LEO that way nobody is safe, and I too would like to see the Chief get his wish and as quickly as possible.

·
Registered
10,298 Posts
I wonder if he was personally targeted? It sounds like a remote spot, and one the attacker may have known him to use frequently.

Regardless, I hope all our thoughts go out to his family. And kudos to the Chief for speaking like a man, not a PC robot. Best of luck to him and his department.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Story indicated that it may not have been LE target. If that is the case and it would seem like it was, because controlling just who stops at the scene first would be difficult. Then this was just for the thrill of killing someone, a cop would just boost the thrill. I fear this won’t be the last we see of this sort of thing.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I'm just horrified. Best wishes for officer Ellis' grieving family.
I'd prefer the murderous POS be brought to justice.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
That spot is fairly remote. Far from casual view, other than folks coming along the Bluegrass Pkwy. No witnesses, apparently, other than those involved. Could easily simply have been a situation of opportunity, for the assailant(s). Hard to know at this point, versus it being planned to a "T."

Sad situation, all the way around.

Drawing & Quartering, remains fed to the rats and cockroaches, with the dust used for cement mixture on the next Justice building we erect in the name of protecting our liberties. Some punishments are too good for some folks.

·
Super Moderator
50,585 Posts
May Officer Ellis R.I.P., may his killer 'resist' arrest...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Prayers have been made of the fallen officer and those that mourn. May God's righteous judgement be done in this matter.

·
Banned
1,774 Posts
If the area was remote as stated, I'm wondering if it was possibly a fake drug plant someone set up for a dealer and the LEO just was in the wrong place at the wrong time, since they won't release what the object was. Still a terrible senseless tragedy.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
First I heard of this one. RIP Ofc Ellis.

To his brothers and sisters: Good hunting.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I briefly heard this mentioned on the radio the other day. What a horrible and needless thing to happen. Prayers for family.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts