Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Makes a great fist-load too!:wink: Nice little knife that would really persuade someone to seek their amusement elsewhere.......

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Only have the diminutive Scallion right now - but slick lil number it is.

BOA is next on the list hopefully but have considered a Leek too. (Usually after a coupla soda's too many :wink: )

·
Registered
558 Posts
I carry the Scallion around everyday, great knife if you wear slacks. The leek I carry with jeans or shorts. Love Kershaws assisted openers. Try the Blur - very good knife as well!

·
Registered
134 Posts
I too am loving the new Leek. I bought one at the same time George did. I have been using it all day and go out of my way sometimes just to be able to use it.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where the heck did you get that ring? I need one of those.

I made the mistake of doing a shave the arm hair tests without paying full attention. It freaking filleted a layer of skin with the hair. Holy cow.
The best thing about the Leek is that it's not too scary as to freighten the sheople.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I've given Chives as gifts, and I have a Scallion somewhere. Call me girly, but I'd like a Rainbow Leek. :lol:

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
My wife carries a Leek at all times. I find it a little small for my hand, and prefer the Blur. Both excellent knives at their price points.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Ed B, yes it has a pocket clip on it.

Betty, I have seen the Rainbow Leek and think that it looks sharp. Might not look so good on a man's slacks/jeans, but it sure is cool looking.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I have a blackened Leek that is my favorite carry knife. I love the slim profile, except it's so unobtrusive that it ends up going through the wash every now and then when I forget to unclip it from my pocket.

-Paul

·
Banned
305 Posts
I have some Kydex neck sheaths for the Leek. I can sell them to anyone who wants one for 20 bucks each.

It is indeed a sweet little knife -- razor sharp, needle tipped, opens like a rocket, has great fit and finish. A very classy little pocket blade.

(If you want one, just download the PDF order form from the store page of The Martialist (www.themartialist.com) and pencil in a Leek sheath for 20 bucks, then mail it in to me.)

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I have a rainbow leek - as a matter of fact, most of the guys in our pin shooting club have them, all purchased independently of each other.

By the way, don't ignore the little lock on the closed knife. I left mine unlocked and clipped to my pocket when moving boxes in the garage. I must have bumped it just right, and the blade opened, catapulting the knife onto the garage floor. Neither me nor my pants were cut, and that rainbow finish protected the knife from damage when it hit the floor.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Kershaw is making the Leek with G-10 scales and a S30V blade. It's going for around $80, but it sure looks tempting. I have a stainless Leek and really like it.

http://newgraham.com/detail.aspx?ID=5474

·
Registered
862 Posts
Kershaw already made a Leek with a S30V blade. I bought mine two or three years ago, when it was around $80. Now they are around $130. Its good to know that Kershaw are making new ones, at a better price.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Different Coatings?

I went to Kershaw's website and it says the Leek 1660CKT is "Tungsten DLC" coated.

I found some on ebay that are listed as 1660CKT but say the coating is "TiNi".

Now, Tungsten Diamond Like Coating is not the same as Titanium Nickel... but I'm wondering if this is just a symantics discrepancy?

Can I get the DLC coating on a Leek for $40 on ebay or is TiNi a different coating?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
TiN would be "Titanium Nitride", and it's commonly used in industrial machine tooling, so it is a hard-wearing surface. As to how it compares to the Tungsten, I'd suggest asking over at www.badlandsforums.com , or USN.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts